Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PNW Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that blue performance needs to be rejected rather than take delivery and hope Telsa repaints it. There is no fix for that paint other than repainting those doors and blending it into the fenders.

Gundarx, I remember yours even had splotches outside the door paint so yours, at least, was not just an issue with the doors.

thats right, even after Tesla repainted about 80+% of my exterior that they determined had the issue, guess what, the entire rear hatch and hood also still has it and having had a bad experience with Service and the body shop’s quality of work, I’m paying for it out of pocket to repaint the remaining panels

• Helpful
Reactions: raggedy
So basically I won't trust Tesla to do the right thing regarding getting matching paint. It's stories like yours that will make me refuse any delivery unless it has "good enough" paint. I won't say it needs to be perfect, because some would skewer me that I'm holding Tesla to an unfair standard, but I do expect matching panel and door paint with no splotches.
I'll accept the bumpers may be a little off from the rest of the body, but if they try to deliver me a MY (white) with yellowing bumpers like I've seen in some pics, that car too will be rejected by me.

I was looking over my friend's 2016 MS today, and he pointed out some misaligned window trim. Even with the obvious misaligned trim, I would accept it, but NO WAY will I accept shi%#! matched paint.

thanks for your informative posts.

So basically I won't trust Tesla to do the right thing regarding getting matching paint. It's stories like yours that will make me refuse any delivery unless it has "good enough" paint. I won't say it needs to be perfect, because some would skewer me that I'm holding Tesla to an unfair standard, but I do expect matching panel and door paint with no splotches.
I'll accept the bumpers may be a little off from the rest of the body, but if they try to deliver me a MY (white) with yellowing bumpers like I've seen in some pics, that car too will be rejected by me.

I was looking over my friend's 2016 MS today, and he pointed out some misaligned window trim. Even with the obvious misaligned trim, I would accept it, but NO WAY will I accept shi%#! matched paint.

thanks for your informative posts.

yes, and if I may offer 2 more recommendations if you are in the Seattle area- take delivery in Bellevue (not Renton which myself and @carter_seattle have had bad experiences with) and reach out to John Klevin at Metropolitan Detail for complimentary delivery day inspection as he knows what’s not acceptable and would become ownership nightmares and what little things his shop may be able to fix

I test drove both the Performance and the LR and then ordered a white on white LR at the Glendale Americana showroom on Sunday July 19. I opted for the LR because it is already plenty fast and the lower price qualifies it for California rebate. I received email on Thursday July 23 to select a delivery date. First available date was Saturday July 25 but I had to work, so I picked up the car today on Sunday July 26 at the Burbank service center. I can't believe from ordering to taking delivery it only took one week on the Model Y.
As expected, exterior had some misaligned panels, interior had one loose trim and a cloth hanger hook that would not come out. All these were minor and there was no paint defects. I accepted the delivery. The car did not come with a "full tank of gas/charge" so I went to a charging station to top it off.
I am very happy with the car so far.

Reactions: reardencode
I test drove both the Performance and the LR and then ordered a white on white LR at the Glendale Americana showroom on Sunday July 19. I opted for the LR because it is already plenty fast and the lower price qualifies it for California rebate. I received email on Thursday July 23 to select a delivery date. First available date was Saturday July 25 but I had to work, so I picked up the car today on Sunday July 26 at the Burbank service center. I can't believe from ordering to taking delivery it only took one week on the Model Y.
As expected, exterior had some misaligned panels, interior had one loose trim and a cloth hanger hook that would not come out. All these were minor and there was no paint defects. I accepted the delivery. The car did not come with a "full tank of gas/charge" so I went to a charging station to top it off.
congrats! They must have had in inventory what you wanted. Inventory is thin in Oregon and Washington. What was your exact build that you ordered?

would you mind posting some pictures of your white MY? There are a few of us on this forum waiting to take delivery of white, but I personally want to see some well painted (i.e. matching paint) examples.

thanks!

I think you have your dates wrong. You are talking PAST TENSE on future dates!?????

would you mind posting some pictures of your white MY? There are a few of us on this forum waiting to take delivery of white, but I personally want to see some well painted (i.e. matching paint) examples.

thanks!
Will do. Let me take some pictures this Sunday and post them. Mobile technician is coming to the house this Saturday (July 25 to fix the misaligned exterior panels. So I hope the car will look better on Sunday, ha ha.

I think you have your dates wrong. You are talking PAST TENSE on future dates!?????

Thank you for catching my mistake. I posted this past midnight on Monday and looked up the calender wrong trying to do it right! it was all off by one week on the dates. I found and joined this forum after taking delivery of the MY. I ordered it on July 12, took delivery on July 19, posted on this forum on July 20.
Perhaps Tesla was able to accelerate making more Model Y's? I posted my experience hoping may be others that are still waiting could expect to get their cars sooner.
Or I was just "lucky" enough to get somebody's reject!!!

Reactions: slamper
*** Corrections on the dates, I ordered on July 12, took delivery on July 19. I looked up the calendar with my sleepy eyes and was off by 7 day. Thank you Slamper for pointing this out. ***

Thank you for catching my mistake. I posted this past midnight on Monday and looked up the calender wrong trying to do it right! it was all off by one week on the dates. I found and joined this forum after taking delivery of the MY. I ordered it on July 12, took delivery on July 19, posted on this forum on July 20.
Perhaps Tesla was able to accelerate making more Model Y's? I posted my experience hoping may be others that are still waiting could expect to get their cars sooner.
Or I was just "lucky" enough to get somebody's reject!!!
You definitely bucked the odds! I got mine today after 12 weeks and me doing a lot of calling around to make it happen. Enjoy the Ride! :)

We just ordered ours a couple days ago (Oct 11th). White on white, tow hitch, long range, No financing, and an estimate of 4-8 weeks delivery to Seattle. Curious if anyone knows how long order to deliveries in Seattle are taking these days?

We just ordered ours a couple days ago (Oct 11th). White on white, tow hitch, long range, No financing, and an estimate of 4-8 weeks delivery to Seattle. Curious if anyone knows how long order to deliveries in Seattle are taking these days?
Most likely that time frame will be accurate. Tesla just finished up pushing a large amount of deliveries to the PNW. Start of the quarters (this quarter just started on Oct 1st) they ship to areas far away from the factory (east coast) and then work their way back across the USA toward California. If they have an exceptional amount of a specific color they might send those to different areas "out of order", but I suspect it won't be until November when we see a decent amount of PNW deliveries show up.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0