Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PNW Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black Ys arriving around Bellevue
7663015F-FBB4-4BFD-84F9-BA5044268D21.jpeg

Ordered 5/26, took delivery 6/4. Found a few minor issues that are currently being addressed at my local service center. Should be finished tomorrow! Overall, I'm very happy with this car. It checks all my boxes and puts a grin on my face whenever I give the accelerator a tap.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    916.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0364.jpeg
    IMG_0364.jpeg
    747 KB · Views: 66
Took delivery at Lynnwood today. All went well. One slight misalignment of rear tail light, and some squeaking by the driver's pillar. The app didn't recognize our car, deleted app, signed in again, etc. Called back to Lynnwood after a few hours and they had tech support do something. All is well. Traded the 3 in, very happy with higher seating and hatchback. I'm sure we'll find many other great things but only have driven the 10 min back home. ordered 2/14/20. Blue/black/AWD/FSD/19" wheels.

Picking up at Bellevue on Saturday , till now i didn't receive any call confirming things . The delivery time was also fixed when i called the Tesla . Is it normal not to expect any calls/ emails etc and just show up for delivery .
Hmm, no, that's unusual from what I've heard. Most people get the text to schedule delivery.

Once I scheduled my delivery via the web (for tomorrow!!!), I also got a call confirming the date/time, whether I was trading in a vehicle, etc.

Reactions: MikeBur
We are waiting on our White/White 19 in with tow hitch LR. Ordered 5/1. I have no idea when delivery will happen (no VIN yet). We live in the Seattle area, Bellevue is closest, but will probably end up in Oregon most of the summer.

Has anyone had experience switching to another Tesla center (i.e. Portland)? Also, I am assuming Portland could handle Washington Registration. I know we pay WA tax either way, but I don't know if we would pay city.

The relevant issue is that Southern OR is a looooong way from Seattle.

We are waiting on our White/White 19 in with tow hitch LR. Ordered 5/1. I have no idea when delivery will happen (no VIN yet). We live in the Seattle area, Bellevue is closest, but will probably end up in Oregon most of the summer.

Has anyone had experience switching to another Tesla center (i.e. Portland)? Also, I am assuming Portland could handle Washington Registration. I know we pay WA tax either way, but I don't know if we would pay city.

They probably won't deliver it in a different state than the one you are registering it in even if switching was an option. I think you'll probably have to drive up to Seattle to pick it up.

They probably won't deliver it in a different state than the one you are registering it in even if switching was an option. I think you'll probably have to drive up to Seattle to pick it up.

This is partly what I am wondering about. Normal car dealers in Portland sell to Washington customers all the time because Vancouver WA is pretty big and just over the river, so maybe, maybe not.

Hmm, no, that's unusual from what I've heard. Most people get the text to schedule delivery.

Once I scheduled my delivery via the web (for tomorrow!!!), I also got a call confirming the date/time, whether I was trading in a vehicle, etc.
Till now no call and out of anxiety i called. They said everything is on track for tomorrow . Only God knows now. The car buying experience is terrible i would say

The good news is you haven’t been contacted yet which means it hasn’t been started yet. That gives some flexibility.

Phone Bellevue (option 4), and ask. You might honestly have to reorder, through you’re not going to be that far behind and although you’d be out 100$, you will be up significantly more as I don’t believe you’ll pay city tax, as you say.

Portland SC often does WA registration deliveries a lot, as it’s closest for Vancouver, WA.

Till now no call and out of anxiety i called. They said everything is on track for tomorrow . Only God knows now. The car buying experience is terrible i would say
If this is first Tesla buying experience, sorry, There’s a lot of difference in current covid world. The touch less delivery experience is mind boggling, though cool. If you have a trade in, you will need to go inside and talk to people, they will hand you the rfid card keys and just follow the instructions inside the packet inside the car. Drop off all the signed forms in the red box and drive off.
Ensure you do a thorough manual inspection of the car and photograph any issues. When car is registered on phone, send in service request to get issues addressed (incl original photos). If something is unacceptable just go back into store.
Btw as store is in King County face covering is required.

This sounds like it might be your first Tesla, likely worth reading the manual ahead of time: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Other novelty of touch less is that it takes about 3-6 hours to get your car listed in the app, which is required to associate the car with your phone so it can be used as a key. Until then you have to use the rfid key. You can tell this migration is starting when the new car does quick update and reboots (also, don’t panic if you park and your car reboots while you’re configuring it - as happened to us ;-))

if I can help, feel free to private message me with your cell number and times I could call and I’ll try my best.

Last edited:
Reactions: neutrino and lcedWa
Just had to reject second Model Y at Portland.
Ordered at launch in 2019, MSM/black, Dual Motor, 19”, FSD.

First attempt a few weeks ago was great but had a row of 4 dimples/dents in left rear quarter (VIN 5577)

Today’s try had two windows sticking out of trim, scrapes from impact on front bumper cover, right rear door so far off it was gouging into rear quarter, both front fenders poked out past edge of headlights, several scratches on interior trim plastics (VIN 8954).
I’m sure some people would be happy with either car, and I have had great support from Portland service on my 2018 3. Just not impressed so far, I really hope Fremont can clean up their output soon. I’m about to make my second loan payment just to keep playing the Model Y lottery.

• Informative
Reactions: gundarx