Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poking at the new 8.0 screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I will sound stupid about this, but since the upgrade I've been stumped as to why I could not get the top screen icons to appear which used to be there in my MX. I've been poking, swiping, double finger swiping at that top screen bar area, and nada. So during the 2-3 hour trip this evening (on autosteer nearly the entire time) I experimented more. How come the ONLY place I've been poking is the ONLY place which does NOT respond to this to bring back the top icon bar ?? Why would it be designed that way, and I certainly hope enough people point this out to revise this again. Or make it a setup option to suit the driver.

I would like to see the screen icons all of the time, why wasn't that made an option in 8.0? Tapping the screen
several times to find it at 70 MPH doesn't cut it with me. While I am on a rant why does 8.0 end all of the songs
30 - 40 seconds before the end, wasn't this Rev tested??

• Love
Reactions: Blastphemy
...distracted driving kills...and the extra taps and waiting for the control bar to drop down, then finding where you now need to tap on the touchscreen...in 1 second you go an extra 88 feet down the highway. This is really an accident waiting to happen.

Reactions: bredi
...distracted driving kills...and the extra taps and waiting for the control bar to drop down, then finding where you now need to tap on the touchscreen...in 1 second you go an extra 88 feet down the highway. This is really an accident waiting to happen.
Yea. It's especially bad swiping may time times to go to end of favourites and back. Now I stopped using favorites as much as I'm scared to be distracted. Muscle memory all gone. Voice commands is a good alternative in the meantime. Maybe version 9 will be like 6.1 and we'd all be happy. :rolleyes: