Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a flat floor is really not a big deal to me especially after spending hours in the rear seat of our Model S and realizing how uncomfortable it can be. Tesla has done and is doing some truly amazing things while setting a high bar for EVs, however, as a company they are really missing many of the "needs" a good car should have, such as comfort, good headlights and brakes (Model S refresh) and writing those needs off as their design minimalism.
Funny you mention headlights.. my wife loves her Pacifica Hybrid but hates it at night because the headlights are the worst I've ever had on a recent car. Even the testing gave them a "marginal" ( didnt know that when we bought it). My M3 has spoil us for lights.. My i3 has a adaptive LED headlights and they are not as good as the M3's. If there was one thing that I would complain the most about in my M3 is the brakes. Its like driving a truck when I need to use them. I normally drive one pedal with the high regen so every time I have to use them, I am forcibly reminded about why I hate them. We live on top of a12% grade so you really get to stand on them on the way down which shows the lack of precision/feeling etc. Putzing around town they are OK.. not great.. OK. My Audi ICE had awesome brakes.. I knew exactly where, when and how much was there and left to apply. Spoiled me :D

Reactions: doc5339
@Ritzcarlton123 Ehh I sort of agree, but the 3/Y interface makes terrible use of its screen size. The 15" 3/Y single display should be a decent size, but it feels very small and constrained compared to my Model S because so much space is wasted on the mandatory AP/FSD visualizations.

The P2 center display is smaller than 3/Y but makes better use of the space, and the P2 has a driver's display, so overall it matches up well to the 3/Y in that regard.

I don't miss having a driver's display, at all, but I absolutely miss having efficient use of the center display (compared to my 2013 S).
17/15 inches.

Plus you have the 2nd screen for ap/fsd

Funny you mention headlights.. my wife loves her Pacifica Hybrid but hates it at night because the headlights are the worst I've ever had on a recent car. Even the testing gave them a "marginal" ( didnt know that when we bought it). My M3 has spoil us for lights.. My i3 has a adaptive LED headlights and they are not as good as the M3's. If there was one thing that I would complain the most about in my M3 is the brakes. Its like driving a truck when I need to use them. I normally drive one pedal with the high regen so every time I have to use them, I am forcibly reminded about why I hate them. We live on top of a12% grade so you really get to stand on them on the way down which shows the lack of precision/feeling etc. Putzing around town they are OK.. not great.. OK. My Audi ICE had awesome brakes.. I knew exactly where, when and how much was there and left to apply. Spoiled me :D
You could upgrade to 3P brakes

Didn't you have the option for the retrofit?
I don't think Tesla ever offered a retrofit hardware upgrade. Maybe you're thinking of cars that were built with AP hardware but the option wasn't purchased initially?

I've driven plenty of S with AP1, AP2, AP2.5 over the years of course. Just never had it in my own car until the 3! And then I discovered that Tesla managed to make TACC worse than in all those older S (my 3 is "Vision Only"). Still good enough to be very useful for long boring drives though.

There really isn't anything that is on the same level efficiency wise. To me it comes down to how much you are willing to give up to drive something that's not a Tesla. For ex... video below section linked gets into detail charging vs range vs time vs efficiency, etc. Note that the Tesla could have charged sooner and been back on the road sooner had they not forced it be at the same level as the 5.

the real question is what company besides tesla has a charging network in usa?? I mean we have free SC for life and if we need miles there are plenty of places to stop for a bit and pickup a charge