Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polishing the T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
My Tesla's T must have been hit directly by a flying rock (ugh)... It left several noticeable scratches right on the T. I want to just take some mother's polish to it, but I read somewhere that Tesla says NOT to use metal polish on the chrome. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Chromed items are the worst. I just noticed my Tesla license plate frame is getting ready to shed its coating already after only 1 year ugh. Thankfully it's just the accessory.

For damage to chrome in the past I've used chrome spray paint, spraying it onto folded paper or paperboard and then applying with a fine point (eg bamboo skewer) to fill. The chrome spray paint has some metallic / pearl to it, not exactly giving you the same chrome effect but giving you the general right shade.

Then again these days there might be a better fix, maybe Dr. Colorchip has something... I just used their touch up paint kit this morning on some new hood chips.

upload_2016-6-6_18-14-1.jpeg