Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Aero Wheels - On or Off

For aesthetics, keep the aero covers on or off (with kit)?

• Keep aero covers off with wheel cap kit

Votes: 77 53.8%
  • Keep aero covers on

Votes: 66 46.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit I'm on the fence on this one. I've been taking them off and putting them back on about once a month trying to decide what I like better. The naked wheels look nicer, but I do a ton of freeway driving and the extra efficiency is much appreciated with them on.

One thing I will say is that the tire sidewall height looks appropriate with the aero covers on, whereas (to me), the tire sidewalls look too tall when the aero covers are off. Like an 80's car before lower profile tires were available. Maybe if there was a 19" version of the aero wheels...

I really don't like the aero caps. I'll throw them on for long road trips where high speeds for long distances might give me an ROI that can justify the downgrade in aesthetics, but for my daily commute around town I leave them off and put the wheel cap kit on.

Reactions: Wvapoker
Have pondered this dilemma since getting my Model 3 in September. Had another look today with the aero caps off as I was about to order the wheel cap kit, so thought I’d better confirm once and for all before placing the order button.

Concluded that I’m leaving the Aero caps on :D I think they look fine vs the red paint, different and a little futuristic and I’ll take the additional 4-5% range.

I got the orbital Wheel covers which IMO look like much cooler aero wheel covers. They are supposed to ship in July and am very excited to put them on. Very inexpensive, improves efficiency, and looks cooler IMO

I've been keeping my eye on those! I hope they're a success. Waiting to hear official reviews before buying as I've been burned by "early access" stuff before.