Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Are u buying the Standard $35k or $37k Model 3?

Are u buying the Standard $35k or Standard Plus $37k Model 3?

• Yes. Already placed the order

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Yes. Definitely placing order within the next few weeks.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Yes. Definitely buying it over other non-Tesla EV that are similarly priced

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Not sure. Still considering

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • No. Already own one or multiple Tesla

Votes: 100 62.1%
  • No. It is still too expensive for me.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No. The range at 220 mile or 240 mile is too short

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • No. The features isn't what I want.

• No. I am waiting for the Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No. I am buying EV from other brands.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • No. I don't have charging equipment at home or at work place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I am sticking with gasoline car. EV sucks.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you can now buy a Model 3 with a range of 220, 240, 264, 310, or 325 miles. It seems far too complex given their desire to simplify their manufacturing process, not to mention make it easy to purchase a car online without the need to speak with a salesperson first.
yea, six different versions is probably an overkill, not great to maximize production efficiency. But I think they want offering to fit as many different consumer taste as possible.

I just double check the Bolts website, the base price is $36700 before incentive. The mid-range M3 is priced at $37000 with slightly more EPA range. So Tesla pricing is really competitive with other cheap EV. I think the sales of Nissan Leaf, Bolts etc will tank.

I think most people are buying a Bolt or Leaf at prices a lot lower than MSRP. And the full federal credit is still in effect for a little while.

I just double check the Bolts website, the base price is $36700 before incentive. The mid-range M3 is priced at $37000 with slightly more EPA range. So Tesla pricing is really competitive with other cheap EV. I think the sales of Nissan Leaf, Bolts etc will tank.
I bought a 43K+ retailed Bolt Premiere last year for about 37K OTD before tax credits. Pretty sure one will get a better deal today especially now that the 35K Mod 3 is out. GM and Nissan will sell every EV they make....of course at a loss...there will be deals to be had for the EV bargain hunter. Heck...there are gonna be really good used EV deals!

Are u buying the Standard $35k or Standard Plus $37k Model 3?

Just want to have a comprehensive poll to see what people think about the cheapest Model 3 offering. Let's see if it really is a mass-market product that Tesla hope for. Please vote!

I'm happy with the range and price of the standard Model 3. I can live with the cloth manually adjusting seats and the base audio. Only two options not in the configurator that are missing. One I consider a major factor, the other a minor factor.

No heated steering wheel. This is my biggest missing configuration option. If it were in the Standard Plus config and not the Standard it could have pulled me up a trim without hesitation. If it were an add on price like a paint color is I'd just add it to the base trim without hesitation. As is this has me waiting just as much as anything else right now.

I'd literally rather have the heated wheel than the heated front seats. I'd even pay a small premium to do so (would pay for service center or mobile service to install if they won't do it at the factory). The software for a heated wheel would be a minor option, the hardware would be a bigger issue.

The other missing option on the Standard trim is AWD. I know that isn't likely to happen any time soon so I'm willing to look past it and that does pull my attention to higher trims. I could look the other way and click on a RWD config though and may do so. I don't need the range so I'm not willing to go to the LR pack to get AWD. I could live with it if they didn't allow it on the standard trim and forced Standard Plus to add AWD.

Nope I don't care what the 0-60 time is for AWD with a short range pack. It can have the same advertised top speed and acceleration as the RWD car with the same pack and I'm fine with that. Anything sub 6 seconds is already a better acceleration than any car I've ever owned.

Heck they could even make the AWD an "off menu" option, don't promise the config but let me ask for it and I'd make one.

Yep for the same $40,000 or $42,000 price I'd rather have the short range and cheaper interior but with heated steering wheel and AWD. Take one of the bottom two trims and tack on AWD for $4000 and another $1,000 for the heated steering wheel. Add $1500 to make it blue (taking me to $41,500 or $43,500 before delivery fee).

Nope I don't want to pay $8,000 more than the base pack for the LR pack + Premium interior. With or without AWD. No I don't want to pay for the mid range pack and premium interior.

If I can't configure it totally like I want the nearest match is to get Standard range + Blue Paint and call it good at $36,500. Toss the heated steering wheel on top and you can get me to $37,500. Hide the heated steering wheel in the Standard Plus config and you can get me to that trim, past $38,000 and I'm wanting AWD without the mid/LR packs.

I'm happy with the range and price of the standard Model 3. I can live with the cloth manually adjusting seats and the base audio. Only two options not in the configurator that are missing. One I consider a major factor, the other a minor factor.

No heated steering wheel. This is my biggest missing configuration option. If it were in the Standard Plus config and not the Standard it could have pulled me up a trim without hesitation. If it were an add on price like a paint color is I'd just add it to the base trim without hesitation. As is this has me waiting just as much as anything else right now.

I'd literally rather have the heated wheel than the heated front seats. I'd even pay a small premium to do so (would pay for service center or mobile service to install if they won't do it at the factory). The software for a heated wheel would be a minor option, the hardware would be a bigger issue.

The other missing option on the Standard trim is AWD. I know that isn't likely to happen any time soon so I'm willing to look past it and that does pull my attention to higher trims. I could look the other way and click on a RWD config though and may do so. I don't need the range so I'm not willing to go to the LR pack to get AWD. I could live with it if they didn't allow it on the standard trim and forced Standard Plus to add AWD.

Nope I don't care what the 0-60 time is for AWD with a short range pack. It can have the same advertised top speed and acceleration as the RWD car with the same pack and I'm fine with that. Anything sub 6 seconds is already a better acceleration than any car I've ever owned.

Heck they could even make the AWD an "off menu" option, don't promise the config but let me ask for it and I'd make one.

Yep for the same $40,000 or $42,000 price I'd rather have the short range and cheaper interior but with heated steering wheel and AWD. Take one of the bottom two trims and tack on AWD for $4000 and another $1,000 for the heated steering wheel. Add $1500 to make it blue (taking me to $41,500 or $43,500 before delivery fee).

Nope I don't want to pay $8,000 more than the base pack for the LR pack + Premium interior. With or without AWD. No I don't want to pay for the mid range pack and premium interior.

If I can't configure it totally like I want the nearest match is to get Standard range + Blue Paint and call it good at $36,500. Toss the heated steering wheel on top and you can get me to $37,500. Hide the heated steering wheel in the Standard Plus config and you can get me to that trim, past $38,000 and I'm wanting AWD without the mid/LR packs.
I think heated steering wheel isn't offered in any trim for Model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: dhanson865
Someone on the Tesla forum stated that a Tesla rep told them the SR+ only has an 8 speaker audio system. So that’s six fewer speakers than the Premium Interior. I have no idea if that’s correct since everyone I’ve spoken with at Tesla said they don’t know how many speakers the SR+ model has.

If it’s correct, it sounds like quite a downgrade.