Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very reliably proven by the United States Government agencies - FBI, CIA & NSA that the russians have great powers over the social media. How should I believe that these are real Ukrainian tweets? These could very well be russian tweets to anger the world and push towards a bigger fight
I suggest playing into Russia's hand and give everything Ukraine is asking for.

Reactions: TorqueMonster

The life of a soldier on Ukraine's front lines - Feb 15, 2022​

Follow a battalion commander through the trenches of eastern Ukraine as he prepares his troops for a possible Russian invasion. A Washington Post team traveled to the outpost of Novotroitske, where soldiers keep their eye on nearby positions of Russia-backed separatists, wait for more Western weapons and wonder nervously about Russia’s next move. They say they appreciate the help from NATO, but also know they will have to fight any battles alone.

U.S. dwarfs other nations in military aid to Ukraine.
1650662777492.png

Attachments

• 1650662656850.png
    1650662656850.png
    516.9 KB · Views: 49
I think we need to do more. I think we should provide the level of aid that would be willing to do if 1,000,000 had already died but do it now. I strongly feel we should not give into Putin's threats. That is what he expects us to do. We need to quickly and extensively, increase our support and not block NATO allies from transferrin weapons to Ukraine and backfill comparable weapons with US/UK/French weapons so they are protected. Support Egypt's transfer of Mig 29's and replace with F16's. Give them weapons with long-range stand off capabilities and not just "defensive" oriented weapons.

Also need to support the EU in any way shape or form to stop buying Russian oil and gas immediately. Get gas tankers immediately on the way to Europe to help them when they run out of natural gas in about 6 months if they stop buying Russian gas.

While I am a born and raised American, I studied in Russia for an extended period of time after my undergrad degree in the US. I speak, read and write Russian fluently. I have spent almost 10 years of my life in either Ukraine, Russia and some of the "Stans".

I have had close ties with Russian friends for over 20 years. What is mind blowing is how well the Russian gov't has kept the lid on the atrocities in Ukraine from the vernal public. People I've know for several decades believe their news rather than the pictures I've shown them from my friends in Ukraine.

I've lost 2 friends in Mariupol for sure. I have at least 10 others I've lost contact with. I've lost count of friends in other cities in Eastern Ukraine who I have'n't heard from in over a month.

Nobody is going to overthrow Putin anytime soon. Even the oligarchs don't have that power. Putin has been a master of balancing the church, army, FSB and oligarchs against each other. He never lets anyone have too much influence and pits them against each other. I was in Moscow and St. Petersburg when he came to power. A lot of rumors swirled about then how he engineered the attacks on the apartment buildings to help his rise to power.

My wife is from Ukraine. Sadly in the US many Russian here (not all) buy into the propaganda that is spewed in Russia. I've seen a pretty big riff in the Russian and Ukrainian families in several communities I am apart of. Many Russians here just ignore the carnage they see in Bucha and Mariupol and thing it is all just made up and total propaganda.

My wife's parents had a dacha (keyword is had) in Bucha. It was totally destroyed by the Russians and all their gardens ruined by the Russians that were there. It took several weeks but were at least able to get them out of Ukraine. They didn't want to go. When rockets started hitting near their apartment in Kiev they finally decided to leave. On the way into Poland, Russians were shooting at their refugee bus and attacked the train station on the first day they tried to leave.

So at this point all my Russian friends who believe this is a "special military operation" are no longer friends. I'll still keep sending them photos of the carnage so they can live with the shame they deserve for supporting these atrocities tacitly or otherwise.

Let Ukraine have whatever they need to be successful in repelling Russia and do it immediately. Push Russia's economy back to the Stone Age. Aggressively go after any countries supporting Russia such as China. Tell China to choose business with the West or Russia. Increase oil production dramatically in the US to drive down the cost of oil. Russia can't produce oil as cheaply as other countries. I worked in the oil fields in Siberia and waste and corruption is massive there. Declare Russia a state sponsor of terrorism. Start the war crime tribunals and try people in absentia if necessary. Freeze all Russian assets as necessary to pay reparations for the destruction of Crimea. Tie release of any sanctions to reparations/compensation to Ukraine first. Keep calling all the families of fallen soldiers in Russia and tell them how they just left their sons laying where they fell and no proper burial. Keep up identifying all the people who committed atrocities and continue calling out woman like the one who condoned her husband raping Ukrainian women

Do these things immediately and hopefully no US troops will need to be involved. Don't publicly remove any options from the table. NEVER EVER tell Putin what you WON'T DO!!!

Hopefully the US gov't isn't asleep at the wheel as much as last time. I was in Crimea and warned them about a massive troop influx near my apartment. Our brilliant US State Dept. assured me my fears were unfounded even after I called so many times. Last time their response was don't bother us anymore, Russia assures there is no issue. What a bunch of morons. Scares the heck out of me how bad we bungle these things. Hopefully not to late to get it right for this one.

It also just isn't about the US stepping up. The entire world needs to. Don't ever forget though, Ukraine was NOT as shining example of democracy but I felt they were trying to head in a better direction.

At several points in press conference (-1:35 in video for example), Zelenskyy states what he has said several times in the past: much depends on western weapon supply on what they can do. Has seen improvements in speed of supply from U.S.

Same as above: Zelenskyy: We will return our territories as soon as we have weapons

Last edited:
  1. Last week the U.S. announced it would ship 18 howitzers to Ukraine, along with 40,000 artillery shells to go with them. The U.S. will now ship 72 additional howitzers to Ukraine and 144,000 additional shells. That brings the total number of howitzers to 90. Total artillery shells: 184K. Vehicles with which to tow the howitzers. Training will be provided.
  2. 121 Phoenix Ghost unmanned aerial systems. The Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial System, said Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby, is a system developed by the Air Force in response to Ukrainian requirements.

I honestly wish the weapons deliveries were kept more low key. I read that a weapons depot of foreign arms shipments to Ukraine was blow up in Odesa. Also by not telling what is being shipped to support Ukraine can make it harder for Russia to develop countermeasures as quickly.

Though Russia likely has a good spy network and likely know more about what is being delivered to Ukraine than we do but why advertise more than necessary...

Do a night hit and take out all the Russian sources of the attacks. Wipe out every source of the attacks on civilian targets. Then just lie about it and say it wasn't us. That's the current thinking for about 50% of Americans today isn't it. Hit a few targets in Russia as well just to send a message. Russia has shown they do not have much in traditional military resources, so hit them hard and see what happens. Might just be enough for the Russian population to wake up and get rid of Putin.
That would still be "no boots on the ground"

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator857
U.S. Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, says we are going to move heaven and earth to help Ukraine. I find that statement very heart warming. 1:30 into the video.

Quote: So I’d like this whole group to leave today with a common, transparent understanding of Ukraine’s near-term security requirements—because we’re going to keep on moving heaven and earth to meet them.

Last edited:
Germany finally agreed to send more heavy weapons. Sadly the Swiss blocked the re-export of ammo to Ukraine for some of the weapons that might be used in some of these weapons.

Hey Switzerland - if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Easy to be "neutral" when it suits you, especially when Russia would have to come through all your neighbors first to get you. Let's not even touch on all the blood money/gold you handled for the Nazis and profited on. No problem helping out the real Nazis then. So much for your vaunted "neutrality".

President of Slovakia Zuzana Čaputová appeals to Russia’s soldiers in Russian to put an end to violence.
Speaking in Russian, she refers to several testimonies of acts of violence experienced by the Ukrainian women. "You justify your invasion by talking of “liberation”. How were you intending to “liberate” Tatiana from Irpin, killed by a Russian grenade along with her two children? Or Olena from Hostomel raped by one of you in a car?" she asks.
According to her, these women “find that words are not enough when they try to describe the pain you have made a part of their lives simply because...Well, why even? None of us knows… Do you?!”, she asks those perpetrating these crimes. She urges Russian soldiers and their superiors to end this terrible war: “with each passing day, you are only increasing the army of wounded souls and bodies of women, children, and innocent people.”

I don't know that I would have translated it the same way as the subtitles but it was very moving. Russian is a very colorful language that doesn't always translate well into English and vice versa.

I hope they send this to every Russian soldier's and their families phones that they've found the numbers for. Ukraine needs to take advantage of every type of hybrid war tactics they can use. They need to name and shame all the soldiers that were in Bucha, Irpin, etc.

Every day I am more disgusted by my Russian friends who continue to keep their eyes closed to these atrocities. My in laws said the morgues are overflowing in Bucha from all the dead bodies there.

The president of Slovakia got it right, there is no honor among these soldiers of their commanders. Time for unknown attacks on the bridge to Crimea. Time to send people way behind the Russian border and take out all the rail systems, bridges and fuel depots. Give them the drones or cruise missile they need to do it.

Europe needs to stop buying Russian oil and gas right now! Russia already is turning if off to Poland. They always planned to use it as a weapon or leverage and are now doing it.

According to polls, support in the U.S. for sending Ukraine weapons has risen from 68% to 73%.
Quote:
Seventy-three percent of Americans support U.S. efforts to supply Ukraine with weapons, the highest level of support since Russia invaded its neighbor in February, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll completed on Tuesday.
A previous Reuters/Ipsos poll, conducted in late March before global outrage erupted over the discovery of slain civilians north of Kiev, found that 68% of respondents backed shipping arms to Ukraine.

The latest poll showed solid majorities of Democrats and Republicans back U.S. sanctions on Russia and say they would prefer candidates in the Nov. 8 midterm congressional election who support military aid for Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.