Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesia Vasylenko responds to U.S. President: Quote:
Putin is a criminal, a butcher and he is committing genocide in #Ukraine. Yes, @POTUS
we know all this. But what are you and the rest of the free world leaders doing about this? The bare minimum. At least give #Ukraine weapons we actually ask for!

At least deploy military task force to protect the farmers and crops in #Ukraine. So very necessary to prevent a global food crisis /2
At least provide military cover over nuclear power plants to prevent global nuclear disaster/3
At least give cover to the humanitarian convoy and evacuation corridors. To prevent thousands of innocent deaths /4
At least get #Ukraine those fighter jets we’ve so desperately been asking for from day one /5

Rumored new weapons to be sent to Ukraine:
  1. Mi-17 helicopters that can be equipped to attack Russian vehicles
  2. Armored Humvees
  3. howitzer cannons
  4. More drones
  5. protective suits to safeguard personnel in the event of a chemical, biological or nuclear attack

All of sudden I'm seeing a twitter explosion of support for Ukraine. Are you seeing something similar?
1649820416250.png

Feb 27 tweet:
U.S. expert on Russia, former ambassador to Russia, and Stanford professor gives his opinion:
Я не знаю, как долго это займёт, но уверен в своём прогнозе, что это злостное вторжение Путина в Украину означает начало конца диктатуры Путина и путинизма в России. Ни один нравственный человек не может поддержать эту отвратительную войну, а в России миллионы нравственных людей.
Translation
I do not know how long this will take, but I am confident in my prediction that this vicious Putin invasion of Ukraine marks the beginning of the end of Putin's dictatorship and Putinism in Russia. Not a single moral person can support this disgusting war, and there are millions of moral people in Russia.

Refugees in Lithuania band together to show their support for Ukraine by singing.
From the youtube description:
Ukrainian refugee Elizaveta sings together with 300 Lithuanians, who answered her call to gather in Vilnius and sing this viral Ukrainian folk song to draw attention to the ongoing war and struggles of Ukrainian people. This is a call to #standupforUkraine.

Eliza is a 21 year old Ukrainian singer. She had to flee her home country when Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 and has been living and studying in Lithuania since 2015. When Russia started the war on February 24th, her family’s home was destroyed by Russian occupants for the second time in their life. Eliza’s mother and brother stayed in Ukraine to defend their homeland. Eliza is safe in Lithuania, sending the message for her family and for her country to stay strong.

Ukraine foreign minister says they are getting what they requested, but very slow process
Transcript
1:13
Ukraine's foreign minister, dmytro kuleba, in Kyiv.
>> The question on everybody's mind is how can the world help Ukraine?
What hasn't the United States?
What hasn't the euro-atlantic alliance done yet in order to support Ukraine in its fight in this war with Russia?

1:42
>> Well, there are three ways to help Ukraine here and now.
The first one is to provide Ukraine with all necessary weapons.
Second is to impose the harshest sanctions on Russia.
Third, to provide Ukraine Ukraine with macro-financial assistance that will help us to keep the economy afloat because we are at war.

>> In the beginning. You hear 'no'. This is not going to happen. Then you hear, ok, we will give you this, but this is
it. We cannot give it anything more. Then you break this wall again and then people tell you,ok, you can get this as much as
you need, but you cannot get that because it's too sophisticated or it's offensivenot defensive. In the end, we
get everything but the timebetween the initial questionthat we asked and the moment when we get it is wasted and the
price that we pay is human lives, destroyed houses and villages and the war taking place in Ukraine.

2:54
>> You said that eventually Ukraine always gets what it asked for, but there's a lapse in time. Well, what about those mig jets that Poland promised and nato and the United States blocked.
3:03
>> Two weeks ago the the the real message that I was receiving about it was "Impossible." Two days ago, the message was we are working on it. And that's just to reinforce my point that in the end, we get what we need.

1. 18 155mm Howitzers and 40,000 artillery rounds;
  2. Ten AN/TPQ-36 counter-artillery radars;
  3. Two AN/MPQ-64 Sentinel air surveillance radars;
  4. 300 Switchblade Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems;
  5. 500 Javelin missiles and thousands of other anti-armor systems;
  6. 200 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
  7. 100 Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles;
  8. 11 Mi-17 helicopters;
  9. Unmanned Coastal Defense Vessels;
  10. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear protective equipment;
  11. Medical equipment;
  12. 30,000 sets of body armor and helmets;
  13. Over 2,000 optics and laser rangefinders;
  14. C-4 explosives and demolition equipment for obstacle clearing; and
  15. M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel munitions configured to be consistent with the Ottawa Convention.
Wikipedia quote about the AN/MPQ-64 Sentinel air surveillance:
The radar automatically acquires, tracks, classifies, identifies and reports targets, including cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, and both rotary- and fixed-wing aircraft.

Last edited:
I like how the Pentagon spokesperson keeps saying that the president has said we are going to help Ukraine as much as we can, as fast as we can.
When are we going to see m1 abrams tanks tanks sent to Ukraine? Long range surface to surface missles? Lots of jet fighters?
Transcript
5:29
Mr. Kirby: The president has been really clear.
We are going to help Ukraine as much as we can, as fast as we can.
5:41
Stuff is moving in every day, literally eight to 10 flights a day into the region.

History lesson: Obama administration refused to send or sell lethal weapons to Ukraine. Trump okayed sending lethal weapons and Javelin antitank weapons were sent. Biden continued the lethal aide policy.

Trump never sent any because he didn't get dirt on Biden.
There are many articles that say otherwise:

“I’m distressed by thoughts of never being able to come back, but I’m ready to give up anything just to return home. After all, who else other than poets knew that the purpose of life, it turns out, is your home and your motherland?” Anastasia, 18 (2/

7h “My dad wrote to me and said: “I don’t see an end to this horror”. What do I do to comfort my own father? That’s not how things are supposed to be. This isn’t how anything is supposed to be.” Katya, 21 (3/

7h “At night, I don’t close the gate so that we won’t be heard if we’re escaping… I try to be strong, I tell everyone that everything will be alright, not to worry, but my heart breaks. Not so much out of fear, but out of pain for my people, for my dear Ukraine.” Valeria, 22 (5/

7h “Our nation is incredible. To be Ukrainian is a huge honour and a gift from fate.” Vladyslava, 22 (6/

7h “I moved to Europe eight months ago to start university. All of my friends and family are in Ukraine, obviously. I can’t forgive myself for not being with my family and my country at such a time.” Sophia, 19 (7/

7h “I have a lot of faith in human kindness and fairytales that always have a happy end. Our Ukrainian fairytale has gotten drawn out. When are we going to conquer evil and begin a new chapter?” Yuliya, 22 (8/8)

“I’m distressed by thoughts of never being able to come back, but I’m ready to give up anything just to return home. After all, who else other than poets knew that the purpose of life, it turns out, is your home and your motherland?” Anastasia, 18 (2/

7h “My dad wrote to me and said: “I don’t see an end to this horror”. What do I do to comfort my own father? That’s not how things are supposed to be. This isn’t how anything is supposed to be.” Katya, 21 (3/

7h “At night, I don’t close the gate so that we won’t be heard if we’re escaping… I try to be strong, I tell everyone that everything will be alright, not to worry, but my heart breaks. Not so much out of fear, but out of pain for my people, for my dear Ukraine.” Valeria, 22 (5/

7h “Our nation is incredible. To be Ukrainian is a huge honour and a gift from fate.” Vladyslava, 22 (6/

7h “I moved to Europe eight months ago to start university. All of my friends and family are in Ukraine, obviously. I can’t forgive myself for not being with my family and my country at such a time.” Sophia, 19 (7/

7h “I have a lot of faith in human kindness and fairytales that always have a happy end. Our Ukrainian fairytale has gotten drawn out. When are we going to conquer evil and begin a new chapter?” Yuliya, 22 (8/8)
It was very reliably proven by the United States Government agencies - FBI, CIA & NSA that the russians have great powers over the social media. How should I believe that these are real Ukrainian tweets? These could very well be russian tweets to anger the world and push towards a bigger fight

Status
Not open for further replies.