Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] AWD/P-AWD reservers and changing to RWD because of range

After learning about the efficiency of AWD/P-AWD, will you change your reservation?

• Currently AWD/P-AWD, will stick with AWD/P-AWD

Votes: 184 88.5%
  • Was AWD/P-AWD, changed to RWD

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that information. I need a real test drive before I can actually confirm the performance. I've driven a variety of vehicles and I have to say my Spark EV has been among the peppiest but the tires were definitely my limiting factor (400 ft lbs on tiny 185s). Its 0-60 is still on 8s range though so...yeah.
Spark is FWD. Automobile designers seriously need to shake off that K-car mentality. The economic benefits of the configuration don't really apply anymore and electric motor torque simply overwhelms FWD.

Reactions: JGard
Still unsure. Slightly disappointed for the following reasons (perhaps someone can convince me to switch to RWD?):
  • I have no home charging (live in condo in Canada with no possibility of setting up 120v or 240v)
  • I can only charge at level 2 chargers on the street (2 hour max.. is this sustainable?)
  • I have a daily commute of 70km (43 miles)
  • My commute involves driving on the highway usually at 120kmh (75mph)
I don't live in snowy areas in Canada but I think I'd appreciate the extra power/traction around corners in the AWD. Someone please convince me to switch to RWD.. will it make that big of a difference?

If I lived in Vancouver, I would move to RWD for sure.