Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll for early owners (pre-AP/D)

Do you still own your original pre-autopilot, pre-dual motor Model S?

• Yes - I still own my original pre-AP, pre-dual Motor Model S

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No - I sold my original Model S and purchased a newer Model S

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Yes - and I added a newer Tesla (Model S, X, or 3)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No - I sold my original Model S and bought an X or 3

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No - I sold my original Model S and didn't replace it with any other Tesla

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my classic Model S 85 for nearly 5 years now (March '14 delivery), and still love my car. I know that a lot of early owners have upgraded to newer models, with AP and Dual Motor being two significant factors. I'm curious how many early owners still have their original Model S. In this poll, I do allow multiple answers, primarily for owners like me that have added to their Tesla family. Although I now have a 3 as well, it is my wife's car and I continue to drive the S.

Don't know if I really count for the poll since I purchased my May 2014 build S60 used, but I decided to keep it out of warranty rather than get a newer S or a new 3 (I prefer the S to the 3 for a variety of reasons). I have no interest in AP since it would be useless for my local driving conditions and I happen to enjoy driving my S60 on long (2000+ mile) road trips — no AP necessary. It would be nice to have TACC but regular cruise control works well enough for my driving conditions. No stop-and-go traffic — or even multi-lane highways — where I live.

Reactions: Polly Wog