Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is Your SC Overwhelmed?

What is the State of Service at your SC?

• Fast, efficient, on top of it

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Somewhere in the middle

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Slow, backlogged, overwhelmed

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking for data on the State of our Service Centers. When it comes to the actual vehicle service side, and doing car maintenance I’m trying to infomally determine if they are staffed and operating ‘correctly’ or if they are grossly overwhelmed.

Thanks!

Timely poll. A rapid loss of air in one tire caused a warning to appear on 1/12/18. It took 3 air fills from the compressor to drive two miles to the SC. A new tire was installed in about 2 hours. The metal object caused damage to the point where Tesla recommended replacement.

44D92063-CDDE-424D-BE87-FFE78DBEBBC0.jpeg

San DIego Service Center seems to be running smoothly. Last time in, I made my appointment, they checked me in and sent me on my way with a loaner. They kept in touch via IM and kept me up to date with progress. When I was notified that the car had been washed, I went back, returned the loaner and picked up my car. Could not have been smoother.

Bonus, they had a clean waiting room with coffee. Several employees engaged me with interesting conversation. Each item had been addressed and fixed the first time. All in all a very efficient and pleasant experience.

I was in last week. The guy said they were just out at factory to learn how to accommodate the 3. He said, they will have to put on second shift to keep from expanding the building, which they cannot do in current location. Maybe in 3 yrs put on third shift.
Everyone is affraid what happens when 500,000 3s hit the street.

Kind of a subjective poll -- leave it up to the person answering to define what "fast" is. All it is doing is finding out how people "feel" about the speed of the SC's, not really how fast they are. Maybe that's the intention.

Superchargers should be abbreviated as SuC. The SC abbreviation is usually confused with Service Center. Just a tip

Close, but not quite.

SC = Supercharger.

SvC = Service Center.

Not to be confused with SOC, of course.

Without devolving into a precision versus accuracy rabbit hole (for a good time, see the Numerical Punctuation thread), one could make the argument that since SvCs are Service Centers, then Superchargers should be SuCs. I take a different view, and hope that the above in bold takes hold.

So maybe this is rabbit hole adjacent.

Perth, Western Australia, de facto Tesla service centre.

We have an excellent new hire Tesla service technician operating out of third party premises. Both sides are professional and interested in offering the best service, however, there are competing interests and although Tesla fly over temporary staff from the east coast, it is abundantly clear Tesla needs its own premises and extra staff.

I am still waiting, six months after delivery, to have delivery day issues resolved.

C'mon Tesla, SvC and SuC for Perth ASAP

Reactions: Mark Z
looking for data on the State of our Service Centers. When it comes to the actual vehicle service side, and doing car maintenance I’m trying to infomally determine if they are staffed and operating ‘correctly’ or if they are grossly overwhelmed.

Thanks!
The State of your Service Center is probably Nevada, unless it's a different Las Vegas in your Location :p

Data for you, sample size 1: I am 2 months in now on owning an S. Three times have driven up to a dealer (two times to Palo Alto, one time in Pleasanton) without an appointment and asked for something to be attended to. In each case I was accommodated on the spot and given a same-day fix. In two cases they asked to if the could drive me someplace as the fix might take about an hour, in one case I was offered a loaner for something that might take several hours. I would call this operating "correctly" and "not overwhelmed".

What's the consensus of Buena Park vs. Costa Mesa vs. Burbank in terms of service and loaner availability? I'm wondering if they'd install a HEPA filter if we buy the part for a non PUP car, plus fixing a paint swirl that was found on delivery.

Buena Park has been overwhelmed with repair and delivery. The Supercharger parking takes up vehicle space as well. At least Costa Mesa has two different locations, one for delivery and one for service. I use the one that is closest (BP) and usually take an Uber home to drive my ICE vehicle until repairs are completed. Once, I rode an OCTA bus to Buena Park to pick up the repaired Tesla! During the flat tire repair, they were down to one decaf coffee and had run out of cream. Gone are the days of snack bars and pretzels.

• Informative
Reactions: Jack Tripper