Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - MX 75D Real World Mileage

What is the Real World Mileage of Your MX 75D

• 210 to 235

• 190 - 210

• 180 - 190

• 170 - 180

• 160 - 170

• 150 - 160

• 140 - 150

• 130 - 140

• 120 - 130

• 110 - 120

• 100 - 110

• 85 - 109

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In normal driving (not hypermiling) I max out at 350km/220mi during the summer (max 65mph) and about 300km/185mi during the winter. Bit theoretical numbers, of course, since the charger is almost never at the optimal spot.

I get between 100 - 125 miles on a 90% charge down to 10%. My average is usually ~350 Wh/mi. I drive conservatively, very rarely floor the car.

SC refused to even check the battery stating past 30 mile average is ~350 Wh/mi. Specifically asked if using supercharging is impacting my mileage because I don't have home charging facility. They said it doesn't impact mileage. At a loss as to what I can do because under 125 miles is just too low for me.

I get between 100 - 125 miles on a 90% charge down to 10%. My average is usually ~350 Wh/mi. I drive conservatively, very rarely floor the car.

SC refused to even check the battery stating past 30 mile average is ~350 Wh/mi. Specifically asked if using supercharging is impacting my mileage because I don't have home charging facility. They said it doesn't impact mileage. At a loss as to what I can do because under 125 miles is just too low for me.

Are you talking about single trip range or multiple trips over a few days?

If multiple trips over a few days 125 miles on 90% SOC is very normal. Vampire drain, heating up car will all use battery power.

180 is about as far as I will go. That is down I-5 at 65 (OK 75). But it is a based on much on Supercharger availability as anything else and represent less than 2% of my driving.

In the 98% day to day. I never see the SOC go below 45%. This is because I just drive from place to place in the Bay Area, and have an HPWC at home so every morning it is at 85-90% SOC.

Single trip gives me about 125 miles from 90% to 10% and multiple trips less than 105 miles.

So 100% would be 150 miles.

The car reports on roughly 67kWh usable for some reason on the trip screen, so that would mean an average consumption of about 440 Wh/mile.

I've seen people report 500+ Wh/mile in the X - 130 mile range on 100%.

Doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with car, its probably your right foot that needs training.

What is your tirp meter showing for consumption?

So 100% would be 150 miles.

The car reports on roughly 67kWh usable for some reason on the trip screen, so that would mean an average consumption of about 440 Wh/mile.

I've seen people report 500+ Wh/mile in the X - 130 mile range on 100%.

Doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with car, its probably your right foot that needs training.

What is your tirp meter showing for consumption?

I rarely use my foot, it's always on autopilot except obviously in situations where it can't be used. Even if I have to use the accelerator, I start almost as slowly as autopilot.

I rarely use my foot, it's always on autopilot except obviously in situations where it can't be used. Even if I have to use the accelerator, I start almost as slowly as autopilot.

AP usage is NOT efficient, infact its awful for efficiency as it tends to react constantly with speed changes.

Post your consumption figures, but from the numbers you have given I don't think there is anything odd with your car - Just as Tesla have suggested.

To achieve anything close to 200 miles range you need to hit 3 miles per kWh or about 333 Wh/mile.

This is my current consumption, you can see how massive the variations can be. Yesterday was the first day we had warm weather here in the UK, and on 22s the consumption equated to roughly 190 miles when taking things easy.

BUT your see the overall consumption over the last 700 miles is much higher, thats due to 300 miles driving in wind/rain and most of the time I don't care about range so dont drive that slowly - but I always try to drive efficiently.

I suspect your seeing figures of 400-450Wh/mile, which if you look around the forums is what many people get from their Xs.

I had to learn to drive EVs very efficiently as before the X I had a Leaf with a 60 mile range in winter for 2 years, so it was a case of learn to drive efficiently or risk been stranded on the side of the road!!!

46770498124_b97ed5afd1_z_d.jpg

Post your actual trip meter readings. The 30 mile average IS NOT a reliable way to measure efficiency. It always under reports your consumption by a good 10% overall.

My MX 75D mileage is so bad, not getting above 100 miles on a 90% charge, down to 10%

I recall that when my MX was at the Tesla Body Shop for almost 2 months (for factory issues), they had run my battery down to under 5% and despite repeatedly calling both the SC and body shop to get hold of someone to charge my car, all I got was, "yes they will take care of that and even if it discharges it will not impact anything".

I kept checking and it remained under 5%, before my App access was cut off, so there was no way for me to check it. Could this have had an impact on my range?

My MX 75D mileage is so bad, not getting above 100 miles on a 90% charge, down to 10%

Can you please post a screen shot of your consumption over a long trip starting at 100% SOC and also your overall average consumption over life of the car.

This is what our 75D us showing. 195 miles range going from 100-0% at 3 miles per kWh or about 65kWh usable battery, which is about 3% degredation at 28k miles given new the battery only had 67kWh usable.

48626127143_47d3d8f3a4_z_d.jpg

I live in the Pacific Northwest about 30 minutes East of Seattle. It's not flat but it's not mountainous. My commute to work is 20 miles each way (~300ft elevation change) and I regularly drive over Snoqualmie Pass (~3,000 ft elevation change) to my cabin 60 miles each way. I'm not a constant led-foot but I do absolutely enjoy the performance fairly often. I drive about 1,700 miles on the car each month and I've had it since December of 2017.

In the summer I can get between 170 and 200 miles from a charge and the car still reports over 220 miles of range at 100% SoC. In the winter I get between 140 and 160 miles - it drops pretty darn quick in the cold. I have a 6'x10' enclosed cargo trailer I occasionally tow which drops total range to about 85 miles and raises my Wh/Mi well over 1,000 for those trips.

I went on a short weekend trip recently and had the car hovering around 290 Wh/Mi which I thought was pretty good. I had an issue trigger and lost regen completely (not partially or reduced, zero regen) for 75 miles and it creeped up to 312 overall for the trip.

My trip A has never been reset and is a lifetime calculation, trip B was the mentioned road trip.
IMG_20190911_063957~2.jpg