Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Stock Ownership | Car Ownership (revised)

Do you own a Tesla vehicle? Do you own TSLA shares? Both? Neither?

• Own/reserved Tesla car; own TSLA shares/options

Votes: 163 61.5%
  • Own/reserved Tesla car; no investment

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • No Tesla vehicle, but own TSLA shares/options

Votes: 56 21.1%
  • Neither Tesla vehicle nor TSLA shares/options

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My average purchase price is $29.90 and now have enough to more than buy a fully optioned Model S, and perhaps an E in later years. I wandered into the White Plains dealership last August and announced, in typical bombastic fashion I could buy the car with the stock, but I wasn't a buyer. The salesman immediately responded, "keep the stock." Now the stock is my largest holding, but the entire portfolio is a good nest-egg but will have to get to a million or more before I would sell other stocks for a Tesla. I will be long until 990 at least!

After trying to time stock moves with varying success, now I am just long TSLA (real long). First got into Tesla when I bought, over time I started to want one, too... Still looking for a good excuse to own a car ;). Live in the middle of the city, can walk and bike everywhere and car share if I really need one. But I´ll find something until Model E comes and by then my shares will pay for it.

My car is stock... does that count? :tongue:
Only if you long to share it.

Me: as Chief Toilet Scrubber of an Alaskan lodge, I didn't fit profile of a Model S owner, but made largest single investment in my life, both by $ amount and by % of my net worth, in TSLA. And in a ridiculously small amount of time could sell a small fraction of the holding to pay for the P85.

We put a deposit on a Roadster 2.0 soon after the first LA store opened (where the Santa Monica service center just moved out of). Before we got the car, I went to one of the meetings where Elon had to break the news of a price hike and delays to all the pending reservations. I realized at the time that this was a very special business, and businessperson. Then we got the roadster and fell in love! It was a real stretch to buy that car, especially because we thought it would be the impractical, fun, not-for-day-to-day-use car. But we were wrong; it became my daily driver and our Merc fell into disuse. So as soon as it was possible, we put down a deposit on a Sig Model S. By the time of the IPO, it was obvious to us that here was a product the world would want, and a company that could execute, so I invested as much as I could at the time. It's paid off handsomely.

You guys are all going to make me cry. I've bought and sold several times with small to medium gains along the way. Had I just held the original shares at ~30...

I've been bullish on Tesla since the beginning. I'm not sure why I didn't put my money where my mind was. Oh well!