Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: tire choice for 21"

21" Tire

• Pirelli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michelin

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Continental

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it's the Michelin! I had high hopes for the pirellis, because the ones on my Audi were fantastic.

I have 21" Contis on my P85. They're terrible. Even with rotations every 3000 miles, they barely are going to make it to 12k miles (inside edges of all four tires are almost all the way worn through). Meanwhile, my friend has a P85+ (staggered 21s) and he's at over 18k miles, has never replaced the fronts (1/2 tread life remaining) and has replaced the rears once (1/2 tread life remaining on the second set of rears).

I'm either going Michelin or maybe going to try Hankook. At 1/2 the price of Conti and Mich, it may be worth a look... plus I've heard really good things about these tires from other non-Tesla performance car owners.

I voted Michelin because that's what I will go for next time. Most of all I want round tires. Last time I put on Contisilent and they were indeed very quiet but out of round. I had to send three out of four back and the new ones weren't completely round either. Awful to drive on the highway with a shimmy. Thread life was good, I have 15k miles on the original tire and 13k on the 3 replaced ones. All four have good thread depth across the tires.

Well I have continental on mine because that's what was on it. I found that constantly adjusting the tire pressures to keep it at 42 has helped not only with wh/m but it appears the tread lie, has helped.

I was unaware Hankook made tires to fit. I looked at discount tires website and only saw the 3 i put in the polls.