Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] When FSD comes back to the "menu" will it cost more?

When FSD comes back to the "menu" will the price be different?

• Same ($3K)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Lower (<$3K)

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Higher (> $3K)

Votes: 47 87.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there will be changes to the EAP offering as a whole once FSD is ready for sale again. This would be the perfect time for them to split out a feature like TACC for a lower price, and move the rest of the stuff (auto steer, navigate on AP, summon, etc) to a full FSD package including the future full autonomy updates.

It is still available at the same price. It just is not shown on the menu. This poll is a trifle ridiculous since it is still available with no change but is not listed on the website. I thought we all knew that this was done because of many Model 3 buyers not understanding the difference between EAP and FSD.

It is still available at the same price. It just is not shown on the menu. This poll is a trifle ridiculous since it is still available with no change but is not listed on the website. I thought we all knew that this was done because of many Model 3 buyers not understanding the difference between EAP and FSD.
I don't think it was as simple of a reason as Elon suggested.

Reactions: preilly44
Kind of off topic but what is the deal with FSD costing 5K now to upgrade after the fact? I thought I remember when I placed my order, the cost was 4K after delivery? I'd be interested in the 4K now, but do not see how to get that price grandfathered in and how to tell if I qualify?

OK. Why, then, is FSD still available at the same price for anybody who asks?
Probably because that was the agreement that Tesla made with you when you bought your car. Unfortunately, I don't think that offer is likely to remain around much longer. Also for newly configured vehicles, Tesla now knows FSD will require a hardware upgrade, but they don't have that hardware available to put in cars. Therefore why would Tesla sell something for $3K today when they know that they will have to replace the hardware at their expense in a few months? Per the poll, when FSD shows back in the configuration it will be for more money and that timing will help justify the cost increase even for older vehicles who currently show that they can add it for $5K. Obviously this is just my opinion ...