TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poor Heating and AC Performance

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Allante, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Allante

Allante Member

It has finally become cold enough in the East coast to begin using the heater in my X. However, the HVAC system puts out air that is barely warmer than ambient, even when set to 80.

Similarly, during the summer, my AC could barely provide sufficient cool air.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Is this yet another design flaw of the X?

2. randy1077

randy1077 Model X60 Vin 180XX. Reverved 8/11/2016

Are you on 8.0? 8.0 really improved the fan speed. Turn off range mode to get full heater performance.

3. Allante

Allante Member

Yes -- 8.0. Range mode is off, but heater barely pumps warm air. Does it matter whether the AC is on off (with respect to heat)? Does not appear to make a difference for my X, one way or the other.

4. mblanshard

mblanshard Member

I would take it in to the SC. I've had my X in Florida this past August when it was 100+ degrees and the AC was fine and kept up pretty good. It was a little warm up around the top of the windshield (I left the sunshade at home). Also I've blasted the heater when we froze at the state fair and it turned the inside into an oven. I will be testing it more in Michigan but so far it seems good.