Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Model Y LR build quality and TESLA Calgary poor service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sharing to educate others about poor TESLA quality and as auto company the worse service they provide. Tesla Calgary declined to do Warranty repair stating that failing of seal and separation of bumper was in TESLA spec but at same time wanted me to pay if I want it to be adjusted. What a hypocrite and way to squeeze money out of consumers. Posting picture of grey car bumper showing that it is falling apart in 89 days of pick up. The loaner model Y ( white car) was the dirtiest car i have ever seen being loned to customer.
IMG_4443.PNG
Proof of Gaps in panel.PNG
IMG_4440.PNG
IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4434.jpg
IMG_4433.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg

Shame on TESLA to be cheating consumers like me by providing defective vehicles and then demanding money to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart would have sunk, but I probably would have refused delivery if they tried to deliver me a dirty car like that. Tesla needs to be more consistent and do better.
The dirty car was a loaner, not a car OP bought.

Regarding the original complaint - I can’t tell what I’m supposed to be looking at from that picture so hard to weigh in. We picked up a YLR this weekend and so far it’s flawless.

The dirty car was a loaner, not a car OP bought.

Regarding the original complaint - I can’t tell what I’m supposed to be looking at from that picture so hard to weigh in. We picked up a YLR this weekend and so far it’s flawless.

At the risk of a brand new poster here telling me I am victim shaming or something (which isnt the intent), what it looks like to me is similar to what pictures of the black trim around the windows looking like when someone washes the car a lot or uses certain products that dry it out.

The OP says "failing of seal, separation of bumper" so it looks to me like the rubber seal has been dried out from having too much "products" put on it. I have a 5 year old (delivered in 2018) model 3 that frankly isnt washed all that often, and it doesnt look like that.

Anyway thats what it looks like to me, a rubber seal that has dried out because of "stuff" put on it, which is probably what it looks like to Tesla in person. Note to this OP I dont work for Tesla, nor am I making excuses for them. I am just describing what it looks like to me, and how it relates to other threads I have seen here.