Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Model Y Tesla Vison Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone and thank you for all of your responses ahead of time.

I recently bought a 2023 Model Y (owned it only two weeks at the time of this post and never owned a Tesla before) with "Tesla Vision" and I am very disappointed in the Autopilot (not even talking about FSD). For example today the car today was so close to rear-ending the car in front of me that my new seats have pucker marks! it lunges and breaks and stops before signs and lights. It is stressful to even drive the car with Autopilot. I bought the car to remove some of the stress of driving and now I feel cheated. I am messing around with FSD but I expect it to be buggy because it is in Beata and I knew that going in. But for the car to just drive this crappy with Autopilot is very disappointing, to say the least.

My point here is not to rant but to ask around if anyone else suffering from this Tesla Vison crappiness. I honestly would bring the car back and wait for it to work better at a later date if I could. Is there any hope or news or was Tesla Vison one BIG FAT mistake from Tesla?

Seriously Disappointed Tesla customer.

Well, I can no longer say that I don't experience PB when there is a car in front of me. Had my worst PB event yet yesterday afternoon, driving home from a ski trip. I was in a line of cars on CO Hwy 9.

Consistent with my hypothesis, this road (mountainous) likely had various areas of undulations and elevation changes which confuses the AP. Other systems avoid this by only allowing it to work on designated mapped areas, so they turn off any locations which may be problematic.

My suggestion to the engineers is simple: AutoSteer without TACC. There is almost no "phantom swerving". It's the longitudinal speed control which has bugs and is unnatural. Let the human operate the speed.

Reactions: enemji
Upvote 0
Totally valid viewpoint. You want the result, and I don't mind the journey to get there.
I agreed , I also don't mind the journey to get there and to help them get there I contributed 15k (some one has to do this to keep the work being done and inspired the engineer) knowingly I won't get exactly what they are promising at this point. My only disappoint at this moment is the "waiting" I bought my model y with FSD in february , but yet not lucky enough to get the software in my car for testing it how far the engineers I wanted to inspire went....

Upvote 0
I agreed , I also don't mind the journey to get there and to help them get there I contributed 15k (some one has to do this to keep the work being done and inspired the engineer) knowingly I won't get exactly what they are promising at this point. My only disappoint at this moment is the "waiting" I bought my model y with FSD in february , but yet not lucky enough to get the software in my car for testing it how far the engineers I wanted to inspire went....
You will get to help test, hopefully soon. You just joined at an inopportune moment when there is a recall preventing new testers.

Upvote 0