Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland to Santa Rosa route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got an upcoming road trip down to Santa Rosa to adopt a puppy! I'm hoping some experienced people can tell me if this route is viable or not. How are the roads between Williams and Santa Rosa that both Google and Tesla are routing me on? It looks a bit windy but probably more scenic.

Google is showing an extra hour because it's afternoon now, normally it says 10.5 hours. On desktop it will show the route in red as basically taking the same amount of time:

IMG_9706.jpeg

Curiously the Tesla planner shows 10.5 hours also, even with 3 charging stops, which I don't trust.
IMG_9707.jpeg

Is this route passable? We're trying to make good time getting down there. On the way back we'll take 2 days and avoid the windy road for the puppy's sake.

Thanks!

Sonoma has the faster SC and there is one near a target in Fairfield. I would charge in Fairfield or Vacaville on the way in and out regardless of what the app suggests. Allows any reroute from Napa to SR.

Once you pass Napa and get on Hwy 12 (inbound) use and follow what Waze suggests. There are several good alternate routes depending on traffic.