Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Tesla Experenice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote an email to a couple managers at Tesla and thought I would paste the email here. Seems most of what we do on here is complain so need some positive to balance it out!

Bxx,

I wanted to reach out to you and relay the over the top customer support that your employee Dxxxx at the Houston TX Galleria Store provided to my family.

I ordered my first tesla (P85D) the day after the event in October. I confirmed the same day and then started waiting for the December delivery date. As December grew closer I started to reach out to my delivery contact (in Chicago) and got very vague answers. I realize that there was the whole mess with the next gen seats etc but it was very frustrating. Finally I paid and then pretty much was ignored. I am sure you felt some of the heat from your customers as well, wasnt fun. This being my first experience with Tesla I was losing faith in the brand and the high customer service that I had been told about.

Finally I just gave up on my Chicago assigned rep and started dealing with Kxxxxx in Austin TX and things got better. She was very responsive and honest and didnt BS me with dates. Still was annoying not having my car but finally I got it on Monday the 22nd of DEC. Didnt have the next gen seats of course like I paid for but I understand that they are coming. Kxxxxx was great at the point of delivery and ran me through everything.

Now comes the fun part.

This is my first all electric car. I own a BMW i8 which is a hybrid of sorts but have the gas engine as a back up if needed. I drove the tesla around town for a few days after owning it but never on a trip until Sunday the 28th when my fiance and I were going to Houston to go on a cruise for a week.

I charged the car to trip full and proceeded on i10 towards Houston aiming for the super charger in Columbus TX. We made it and super charged almost full and then my plan was to pick up my brothers and head to the Tesla store to charge via duel chargers at 80 amps to top off before heading to the cruise ship port and parking for a week (45 miles from the Tesla store).

Got the brothers, went to the store but found out that 2 owners were already there using the wall connectors so we couldnt 80amp charge. So we plugged in and started walking around. At this point I called the cruise ship to find out the latest we could get on the ship and found that it was earlier than I thought.

We wouldnt have enough charge to get to the port, park for a week and then make it back to the Tesla store. At this point I am freaking out as is my family because they wont hold the ship for anyone. Ship leaves at 4pm, its now 3:05pm. This is where the great service starts to happen.

I find Dxxxx at the store and explain the situation and he agrees we wont have enough range to do what we needed to do. So he volunteers to take on of the charged teslas and drive us to the port and drop us off! We didnt have any time to waste as it was 45 miles away. We transfer all the luggage over and off we go. We made it to the port with 4 minutes to spare.

But now how do we get home? Dxxxx had that covered as well. He drove my car to the port on Friday night to drop it off only to be told he couldnt drop it off at that time so he would have to come back on Saturday to do it. So he went back on Saturday and dropped it off so that we would have it on Sunday when we returned!

I dont think customer service gets any better than this. He went over the top to make sure we were taken care of and what could have been a disaster turned into just a stressful way to start our vacation.

I realize that I should have done more planning on my side to make sure we had range and I will in the future but the point is that Dxxxx didnt care that the customer made an mistake he just wanted to make sure we got off in time and back home safely.

Thanks for reading if you got this far, I just wanted to make sure you knew about the employee that you have there.

Faith in Tesla Customer service restored.

I too have had the wonderful fortune of experiencing Tesla's Outstanding Customer Support and can tell you that what you describe above is not viewed as "above and beyond" for a Tesla employee. At least that's not how they make it feel anyways.
From when they drove me to a customer meeting while my car supercharged because I needed to make an emergency trip - or when they dropped everything on New Years Eve day 2014 at 1:00pm and had me back on my feet by 2:30 - along with several calls from Tesla HQ and Tesla Service here in Toronto taking up a tremendous amount of resource to help out a customer with a downed vehicle to make sure I had wheels for my date with my wife on NYE. I could literally pull out another 10 stories that would be viewed as Heroic to any other vendor - but "Business as Usual" for Tesla.
Truly the most incredible service that I have ever encountered or received.
It is a testament to the value Tesla Places not only on their reputation and customers - but on their employees as well.
Thanks to the OP for reminding me to add my $0.02 -
Thanks to all the wonderful people who work to deliver on the promise Tesla made to each of us as "early supporters" (vin 27,xxx).