Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Tesla loan early resettlement experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd share this really.

I randomly read through my loan terms on Sunday morning, and found it mentioned early resettlement rebates. I previously had the impression, I think from a thread I read on here, that it wasn't possible to settle early without also repaying all the interest due for the full loan term.

Anyway, I emailed them and asked for an early resettlement statement, five months into a 6 year term (reasons for the long term and then deciding to close it now are personal & complicated...).

They replied on day two with a quote that just covered the remaining value on the car. No further fees or interest other than what I'd already paid. So I went ahead with it and a day later got an email confirming it's now HPI clear, saving a few grand's worth of interest and turning it from a liability into an asset.

So I can definately vouch for it being very straightforward, easy and essentially "free" if you're a UK Tesla Loan customer considering ending early.

Anyone else got any experience on this ?

Have a Nov-19 Model 3

If I see a good inventory deal I am thinking of grabbing it and then selling my model 3.

Would just take a Tesla Personal loan with bare minimal deposit (say 2k deposit and borrow 45k) and then when I sell mine for approx 30k pay off around 2/3rds of the value of the new car and leave myself with outstanding finance on about 15k.

Is this all doable ?

Anyone else got any experience on this ?

Have a Nov-19 Model 3

If I see a good inventory deal I am thinking of grabbing it and then selling my model 3.

Would just take a Tesla Personal loan with bare minimal deposit (say 2k deposit and borrow 45k) and then when I sell mine for approx 30k pay off around 2/3rds of the value of the new car and leave myself with outstanding finance on about 15k.

Is this all doable ?
You can now get a settlement value in seconds through the app and I'd echo the OP's post. Tesla don't seem to be applying onerous charges - although I didn't really sit down and thoroughly crunch the numbers when I tried it.