Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Delay due to Trade In?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if anyone has experienced this...

We ordered our MYLR in January of this year (so excited!)
At the time the expected delivery date was June/July.

We submitted a trade in offer, were pleased with the value, but we called the local dealership and explained we couldn't trade it in until closer to delivery. They said to just let the offer lapse and we could resubmit once a VIN becomes available.

Our estimated delivery date slipped to August, then September, now "october 2022 and January 2023"
(As long as one year? Yowch!)

Just today I went in and changed it to No Trade In and upon that selection it felt like my profile was finally complete because there was nothing else required on my end.

If the estimated delivery date kept floating back along side new configurations on the website all along, were we ever really in line? Did we just enter the official queue today? perhaps no one knows. but i hate to think a delay was caused by bad dealer advice.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Everyone with a long range has been delayed. Im sure it has nothing to do with the trade in. Tesla wont even accept your trade in until you take your new car, so its not like you could've given them ur car right now if you wanted.

we called the local dealership and explained we couldn't trade it in until closer to delivery. They said to just let the offer lapse and we could resubmit once a VIN becomes available.
That's not how it works. You don't trade in your car until delivery day. So you still need to accept the offer because if you don't your profile will not be complete.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this...

We ordered our MYLR in January of this year (so excited!)
At the time the expected delivery date was June/July.

We submitted a trade in offer, were pleased with the value, but we called the local dealership and explained we couldn't trade it in until closer to delivery. They said to just let the offer lapse and we could resubmit once a VIN becomes available.

Our estimated delivery date slipped to August, then September, now "october 2022 and January 2023"
(As long as one year? Yowch!)

Just today I went in and changed it to No Trade In and upon that selection it felt like my profile was finally complete because there was nothing else required on my end.

If the estimated delivery date kept floating back along side new configurations on the website all along, were we ever really in line? Did we just enter the official queue today? perhaps no one knows. but i hate to think a delay was caused by bad dealer advice.
Yup you just got in line. But they will consider the date you ordered. So it should not be to long. Leaving it expired is a no no.

thanks everyone. profile complete. hopefully i get bumped up into a reasonable slot!
While EDD is now supposedly based on OD, profile complete lets them know you are ready. Make sure trade in is set to no trade in, or after 30 days, it will expire and your EDD will push out again. Same with Payment method, set to cash. Both can be updated once you get VIN, SA can reset for you