Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jersey City, NJ - Mall Drive West

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may be building one at Newport Centre mall in NJ

Attachments

• newportnj.jpg
    newportnj.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 405
I am eagerly waiting for the Jersey City location to come up - cant wait.

Newport Mall charges for parking so would be interesting how it would work if they install it there - i thoought they might do it around Liberty Science Center or around there

Guys I live about 10min walk A news of Jersey City supercharger got me pretty excited. I had a chance to walk around and identified the construction site. It is located on the first floor in the very back wall of middle portion of the parking lot.
It will be disappointment to some including myself that chargers are "City Superchargers" with 75KW limit

Attachments

• IMG_2718[1].JPG
    IMG_2718[1].JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2720[1].JPG
    IMG_2720[1].JPG
    427.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2723[1].JPG
    IMG_2723[1].JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2721[1].JPG
    IMG_2721[1].JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2722[1].JPG
    IMG_2722[1].JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2724[1].JPG
    IMG_2724[1].JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 288
Guys I live about 10min walk A news of Jersey City supercharger got me pretty excited. I had a chance to walk around and identified the construction site. It is located on the first floor in the very back wall of middle portion of the parking lot.
It will be disappointment to some including myself that chargers are "City Superchargers" with 75KW limit

Thank you so much for the pics. I also walked there Saturday and I think they will be up and running before Dec 15. Do not worry about the Urban Charger. Those new stations have a dedicated charging capacity of 72 kW per stall – meaning that the overall charging capacity of the station stays roughly the same as the non-urban Superchargers.

72kW is a helluva lot more than the 6-18kW you could get otherwise! I swear that some of these Supercharger 'snobs' need to try some L2 charging once in a while, maybe condemn them to a week of Blink charging.
You are hilarious...and yes 72KW is plenty considering that is a dedicated line for each urban charger. The traditional supercharger speed varies with the number of car plugged in...this is not the case if I read the article correctly..overall amazing news for Jersey residents.

Traditional supercharger and urban charger have the same transformers, two stalls sharing one transformer. The transformer is capable of outputting 150kW. In the traditional supercharger the first stall can get up to 120kW, then the second stall can only get 30kW. When rate of charge tapers for the first vehicle (battery getting more full) the charge rate of the second vehicle goes up.
I think in the urban charger the maximum rate of each stall is limited to 72kW so that the two paired stalls are more "independent" of each other.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver