Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Power Conversion System PCS issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I have AC charged over the past three weeks, all charging sessions oscillate the amperage several times before normal charging begins. This happens using both the UMC2 and our vans charger (using the adapter) at many different locations plugged into both 120/240 circuits. Yesterday I plugged into a version 2 free 16KW Tesla Wall connector at a local bank and the amperage also oscillated several times before settling in at 32A with an bad grid error message (should have charged at 48A on 2018 LR RWD). I updated the firmware about a week ago from the version before the major display change and both version had this new amperage oscillation behavior. Note: I also rebooted after the firmware update. Has anyone seen similar AC charging behavior? I want to verify all three 16A sections on the PCS are functioning before the 4 year/50K mile warranty ends. Prior to the past three weeks, all my AC charging sessions reached the proper amperage the first time without ever dropping back 0 amps.

Thanks In Advance for any info!
Regards Ron