Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was having a good look at the "My Tesla" page, and in the source html there appears to be reference to two unique identifiers in addition to the RN number which is displayed on the page.

The first is called "uid", and is an 8 digit number. The other, more interesting one is called "ReservationId", and is a six digit number. My number was "3xxxxx". I wonder if this an actual indicative reservation number based on the parameters already made public (Date of reservation / region / existing Tesla owner).

Can anyone who lives near Hawthorne have a look at their page and see if their "ReservationId" looks something like x1xxxx? Apparently Tesla/SpaceX employees get first dibs on reservations, but some reservation holders local to the factory should be in the first 20k.

I'm quite aware that this could be utter nonsense, but thought it was intruiging nonetheless.

View attachment 179739

I was in line 1 & ½ hours before Beverly Hills Tesla opened. Elon Musk came down the waiting line giving everyone a high five. I made two reservations (279xxx & 280xxx). Being just north of the factory on the 405 may have helped.

Reactions: deonb
I don't think that's true because that would only limit you to 9999 people per region. I think Tesla would account for more than that per region (just look at the number of preorders).

There's nothing coded in the number. It's the key to a record in a SQL reservation table, generated using an Identity column incremented on insert of new rows. UID is the key to your 'My Tesla' account record. No magic.

You need to add a flag for double reservation holders.. it looks like they have a separate queue in the 49xxxx - 5xxxxx range.

Could be but I'm a non-owner, purchasing only one vehicle, and my ID # is 497XXX.

We should also know what defines 'west coast' priority of deliveries. Does that mean up north (California) only or does is stretch down the coast to San Diego? How many vehicles?

Then, how do you factor in my reservation will probably highly optioned (est. $70K or more) but I also think I'm out almost 200,000 vehicles. I think there's potential for buyers to get upset when they see higher sequence numbers being filled before their's - no?

OMG I don't look for a day and this happens! I am not a current owner. I reserved in the first minute that online orders were taken on 31/03. My number is 425XXX. Seems to fit the sequence of order pretty well, of course the sequence of deliveries given that I live in Ontario will be something else.

I think there's potential for buyers to get upset when they see higher sequence numbers being filled before their's - no?

It's what happens today. Look at the Model X.

In a few years, the #1, #2, and #3 threads based on message volume and bickering, on TMC will be the 1) sequence of the Design Studio opening, 2) sequence of confirmations of VINs, and 3) sequence of deliveries - all driven by this number.

THIS...

I reserved during reveal just as they showed car and I'm 462xxx. This is what I conclude.

* This number probably does represent the position when Tesla servers registered a particular reservation

* This position is shared across all orders so if someone ordered a Model S during that time, that too will have a similar number

* This would have been a single incrementing position in main tesla server for all orders, it just so happens 330xxx was around when first model 3 orders went in

* There would have been redundancy built (back up servers) called-in when main server was loaded peak - these are the exceptions we see

* It would have been the intention that they will post-process all these to merge into a single queue before sending out car configuration requests

I was having a good look at the "My Tesla" page, and in the source html there appears to be reference to two unique identifiers in addition to the RN number which is displayed on the page.

The first is called "uid", and is an 8 digit number. The other, more interesting one is called "ReservationId", and is a six digit number. My number was "3xxxxx". I wonder if this an actual indicative reservation number based on the parameters already made public (Date of reservation / region / existing Tesla owner).

Can anyone who lives near Hawthorne have a look at their page and see if their "ReservationId" looks something like x1xxxx? Apparently Tesla/SpaceX employees get first dibs on reservations, but some reservation holders local to the factory should be in the first 20k.

I'm quite aware that this could be utter nonsense, but thought it was intruiging nonetheless.

View attachment 179739

Easy place to enter your common reservation ID and see it ALL organized in table form

make sure you enter time using EASTERN Standard time

Form: Model 3 ID Tracker

https://docs.google.com/forms/...

Responses: Model 3 ID Tracker (Responses)
https://docs.google.com/spread...

Reactions: cheekedave
Reserved online in California April 7th at 9:56am Pacific (timestamp of reservation email).
CC charged April 8th (no timestamp)
Number is: 670XXX

I reserved on the morning of 4/1, and the confirmation letter arrived in email about 10 hours later. Credit card wasn't charged until 4/3. Citibank is sending me a receipt with date and time stamp of when the payment transaction was acknowledge by Tesla - not the posting date. Unfortunately, they couldn't tell me that, even with the transaction reference number. So much for transaction processing systems. Go figure.