Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibly buying Tesla for caravana, need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason you want to know the battery size is so you know what the range is. So look at the rated range at 100% charge. The 60 had 208 miles when new, now most are down to 198-200. The 40 had 139 mile rated range when new. Easy to distinguish the two.

2000061081-gallery-5-4x.jpg

Does that help?

I just sold my 2013 S85 that included a CPO warranty for less than that and it was a very fair price for both sides. That cars $38k on the high end as a 60 and realistically $30k max as a 40 if it costs $10k + tax to unlock.

• Informative
Reactions: bigbear
Just fyi, S40's cost $10K to unlock to 60 and another $2.5K to unlock supercharging (if you want to use superchargers or ChaDeMo adapter). Supercharging requires 60 upgrade first. The latter may or may not require additional hardware. Of course some 60's may also require the $2.5K supercharging unlock, but I think they all had the necessary hardware so it can be done remotely (though may take a couple of days, as it did for my old 60).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bigbear and JPUConn
Just fyi, S40's cost $10K to unlock to 60 and another $2.5K to unlock supercharging (if you want to use superchargers or ChaDeMo adapter). Supercharging requires 60 upgrade first. The latter may or may not require additional hardware. Of course some 60's may also require the $2.5K supercharging unlock, but I think they all had the necessary hardware so it can be done remotely (though may take a couple of days, as it did for my old 60).

So a 40 can't use the ChaDeMo adapter either?! Just the Level 2 adapter?