TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Post Pics of your Model S with 21" wheels (OEM or aftermarket) only!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Maximapolak, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I just picked up a set of 21" OEM turbines from a forum member and they are BEAUTIFUL! Now I just need the car to be delivered :)

Post pictures of your 21s so we can all gawk.

• Like x 1
  2. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

Our P85+ sitting on our 21" lightweight forged UP-02 wheels

IMG_2207.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  3. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

Any increase in range due to the lighter weight rims?

4. UnpluggedP

UnpluggedP Vendor

Ultimately physics don't lie, and lighter rotational mass does allow any object to move more efficiently. Another key variable to range efficiency versus cornering grip is tire width. In our car we opted for a wider tire and softer compound. As we are using 285 width rear tires we knowingly took a trade-off of range for amazing cornering grip.

Unfortunately we don't have apples to apples test data with factory tires of what results are had for reducing nearly 40lbs of unsprung weight from the wheels. Seeing how the Model X has a 15% range penalty when upgrading from 20" to the heavier 22" wheels, I would think there would be a tangible range improvement. I just don't have scientific measurements of it.

5. ig_epower

ig_epower Member