Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Y or 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent pictures that have come out in the last few days I have to admit I’m really wondering if I should be getting a y instead of my 3 (that should be here in a few weeks!). I thought it would be a hatchback but really looks like an SUV in pictures now

Anyone else feeling this way?

Attachments

• BB6A1ABC-5678-4F1F-884A-A381AE2F7813.jpeg
    BB6A1ABC-5678-4F1F-884A-A381AE2F7813.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 82
Option 1: continue with the 3, see how it goes.
Option 2: switch to a Y, lose a bit of cash from the changeover.

Best way to sort this out is to look at how you want to use the vehicle in the variety of ways you need it to function. You'll also be looking at upwards of 3-6 months (or longer depending upon options and trim) for the Model Y which also depends upon how the rollout goes in the US along with the unknown number of order holders already on queue. How long are you willing to wait? The other factor is that this is a new model, whereas the 3 has been sorted out since it's introduction. It's always been advisable to wait for at least one year of production to sort out all the kinks.

With the recent pictures that have come out in the last few days I have to admit I’m really wondering if I should be getting a y instead of my 3 (that should be here in a few weeks!). I thought it would be a hatchback but really looks like an SUV in pictures now

Anyone else feeling this way?
Also depends on what 3 your are getting. If SR+ there is a big price increase since the AWD an PAWD Y are the first ones being delivered. SR Y will be another year.

Also, the AWD Y is about 7k plus tax more than the AWD 3, or about 25-27k more than an SR+.

I agree it looks bigger than I had expected, but is it worth it? Only you can make that call, but if the 3 is any indicator, expect the AWD and PAWD to be more expensive today than they will be a year from now. My config is 10k cheaper today than when I bought.

Also depends on what 3 your are getting. If SR+ there is a big price increase since the AWD an PAWD Y are the first ones being delivered. SR Y will be another year.

Also, the AWD Y is about 7k plus tax more than the AWD 3, or about 25-27k more than an SR+.

I agree it looks bigger than I had expected, but is it worth it? Only you can make that call, but if the 3 is any indicator, expect the AWD and PAWD to be more expensive today than they will be a year from now. My config is 10k cheaper today than when I bought.

Wow, cheaper? Crazy! I would have expected the price to go up. I'm getting the AWD LR. It's about a $7K difference.

Though...I really don't want to wait that long. And if the first release will have issues you're right, probably best to wait. I could always trade in my X3 for it next year (assuming it's the same size!)

ETA: looks like my phone autocorrected the subject of this thread! It was supposed to say Model and not Post. Oops! Too late to fix it seems.

Wow, cheaper? Crazy! I would have expected the price to go up. I'm getting the AWD LR. It's about a $7K difference.

Though...I really don't want to wait that long. And if the first release will have issues you're right, probably best to wait. I could always trade in my X3 for it next year (assuming it's the same size!)

ETA: looks like my phone autocorrected the subject of this thread! It was supposed to say Model and not Post. Oops! Too late to fix it seems.

You have an X3, I have always had BMW wagons...same platform but I prefer how wagons drive over an SUV. That is why I can’t see going from my model 3 to a Y.

If you prefer the X3 to a wagon you answered your own question :)