Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Posting from inside camper-mode enabled MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently slept in my MS alone at my parents place in the desert. First night I did not plug in but the second night I used a Motor Home TT-30 with special Tesla Adapter. The charging pretty much matched my usage if I remember correctly. I used a twin blow up mattress. Some on Youtube have used a double with less air. The problem is with the hump where the seats fold down. What type of mattress did you use? Did you try to make it FLAT with maybe an extra piece? I bet you have a fun trip with you son.

I don’t know if you looked at the Kuat racks, but I have the Eco Hitch and the Kuat NV with the add-on for 4 bike capacity and it’s amazingly simple to use; our friends used it once and replaced their rack with the NV 2.0. If you don’t need 4 bikes the Kuat Sherpa is lighter weight, cheaper, and just as easy to load/unload (I believe).
Yes, Kuat is rated high. Good to see Tesla owners with Kuat. When I saw it in person, I was worried it is too big (more wind resistance?) and with the 4-bike setup, it could lead to a higher tongue weight than recomended by EcoHitch. My local EcoHitch seller said while the 200lb tongue weight is the highest, the farther the bikes sit from the ecohitch, it is easier to cross that limit. Hence the need for the lighter and smaller setup of QR Mach-2. Curious: what was your Wh/m (a)without rack, (b) with the rack(empty), and (c) with the bikes?

Intex twin Inflatable mattress, $7.99 at Walmart. Thick enough that you don't feel the seat hump.
We have this, and true it covers the uneven floor. However, the mattress sits at an angle and one tends to slide down toward the hatch. Also, it is very thick, so does not leave much vertical room between the mattress and the hatch.
Guys if you are "camping" in a Tesla with the windows and trunk closed, you are doing it wrong. Buy a tent or better yet sleep in the great outdoors.
Obviously you camp in areas where the temperature, rainfall, insects, ground conditions and noise are ideal. Also, we may be talking about sleeping in areas that are not really campgrounds, but simply L2 facilities that will take hours for a decent charge.

We have one of the tents that connects to the rear hatch area,allowing for the climate control to be shared into the tent. We have used it and it is fine for times where we spend several nights in one place. Too much trouble for one night. Also, finding a location where a tent can be set up directly behind the car is often tricky.

Guys if you are "camping" in a Tesla with the windows and trunk closed, you are doing it wrong. Buy a tent or better yet sleep in the great outdoors.

Guys, if you are "living" in a house, with heating and insulation, you are doing it wrong. Just sleep naked in a bus stop, like nature intended.

-Randy