Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pothole season

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6DEF6B11-C6D7-4C68-9A90-E19F4787D068.jpeg
So this happened...:mad:

Hit a massive pothole on Spadina heading towards lakeshore. Didn’t have a chance to avoid it as I was changing lanes (checking blind spot) and it was (dark) 11:30pm. Luckily the tire didn’t blow but saw two other people pulled over with flats.

I put in a claim to the City, but wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestion?

I know city of Vancouver doesn't require "proof" that you ran over a pothole, rather you can report the pothole via the app and file a claim right after. The damage to the wheel/tire usually speaks for itself. As for what you can claim, some people get only reimbursed for 1 wheel/tire while others got reimbursed for 4 tires.

• Informative
Reactions: Corsair
Yeah It was late and busy on Spadina so I couldn’t stop, but immediately noticed it wasn’t a blowout thankfully. But as soon as I got up to speed I started to feel a vibration I knew something was wrong. Have a paid public parking ticket that could prove I was in the area at least. I can also give the city a screenshot of my navigation history to show that I was there on that day. F-in potholes.

Here are pics of the damaged rim. Managed to get the rim shipped within 2 days, and by the power of grayskull I was able to find a replacement WinterContact SI at a local Canadian tire...1 of 4 left. o_O

Called Continental and they had none in stock, so only stock was whatever is available locally. What an ordeal. Now have to wait apparently 90 days for the city to reimburse me.

IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7993.jpg