Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coated Rims **POST PICS**

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I’m picking up a set of 19” brand new on Friday. Want to powder them the same colour as the new model S 21” wheels…as well as the centre cap and cover to match. Amazing they are essentially the same wheel but in 19” format for M3.!

I’m picking up a black on black M3 and want the T decals to also match the same colour as the wheels :) gun metal or charcoal or whatever it is. Figure gun metal decals on black would look classy! No chrome :)

Thoughts?
What brand are the wheels? Was thinking if you're not in a rush, check out the Jova wheel thread and contact Kate to see if they have a set of the arachnid replicas. Not sure if they sell them or not, but they might, because they have a lot of designs that are not listed on the website.

Or, do you mean you're picking up a set of the 19" model 3 sport wheels, and not aftermarket? The sport wheel designs look nothing like the arachnids.

Harley denim black from prismatic. Kind of Matte black 20inch
Screenshot_20220705-194245_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220707-092654_Gallery.jpg

So is powder coating recommended over simply good quality paint? If so, why?

And I see a few people mentioned ceramic coating the wheels. Is this only for when they are powder coated or same if painting as well?

Hi, I realize this is an old post but I have a question for @Mod Y Guy or others who have powder coated Color/Finish: Satin Grey from JRWheel. I couldn’t find the exact color name “Satin Grey” or “Gunmetal” or anything on Prismatic Powders.
View attachment 514116
Just had my wheels done today. :) It’s nearly impossible to capture the true color of the wheels in a photo but this first pic is the best example I have. It’s a really nice dark grey with a bit of pop to it (better looking than the Performance Grey 20” color IMO; the Performance seem a bit dull in comparison).

View attachment 514117

View attachment 514118

View attachment 514120

View attachment 514121

Color/Finish: Satin (Gunmetal) Grey
Size: 19" Sports Wheels
Cost: $500 all in
Shop: JRWheel

Another happy customer from JRWheel here! Luis is the owner and people don’t get any kinder than this man. If you live within an hour, or two, of this shop, don’t bother calling around. Schedule an appointment now. You’ll be very happy you did.
Hi, I realize this is an old post but I have a question for @Mod Y Guy or @follow.johnny others who have powder coated Color/Finish: Satin Grey from JRWheel. I couldn’t find the exact color name “Satin Grey” or “Gunmetal” or anything on Prismatic Powders. Can you let me know the exact color name or code? Thanks!