Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Braking Assist Reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much you can do about a firmware problem. This seems like a case where the power off button reset might have helped. Most of the symptoms seem related to the AP computer, though not the power braking assist as far as I know. The two scroll button reset only affects the center console and some other non-critical (for driving) functions. Powering off should reset the AP computer.

Did they push new firmware to you?

I am having this same issue repeatedly. It first happened a week before I was going on a two week trip (first long road trip with new X) and after speaking to service they helped me reset it. Now I am in a state with no Tesla service (and few super chargers) and it has happened 9 more times. It’s almost everyone I get in the car, it’s a game of roulette- will the brakes work this time? How about after I go get sunscreen at the store? It’s only got 4K miles and I’ve had it since feb (bought a test drive car). Seeing the forums here it seems this is a co distant problem. I could not get service before my trip and now I am stuck out here and resetting the computer and the screen works sometimes and sometimes not. It seems completely random. I have a service appt but not until I get back next week. Any advice? I’m so frustrated that this incredibly expensive vehicle that I love just doesn’t work. Brakes are a pretty essential thing on cars and I have an 11 hour drive home still to go. Please help!