Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power out in East Bay, Pleasanton

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW PG&E is providing ya'll a list of tips to help avoid high costs on your power bills while it's so hot outside.

1. Raise the thermostat and turn it up or off when leaving.
  2. Install a smart thermostat
  3. Check your air filters
  4. Replace Inefficient Appliances and Electronics
  5. Sign up for CARE/FERA
So yeah, the easiest way to avoid paying too much for your electricity is to be poor. Thanks PG&E.

I dunno... I found putting solar on my roof to be A LOT easier than being poor...

Nah, PG&E can't condone your demand reduction because then there aren't enough people to pay for fixed costs. Solar hurts PG&E's message that current NEM is bad public policy. So they'd rather you reduce demand with expensive new appliances instead of reducing demand with solar.

But they can condone shifting costs from CARE to Non-CARE because that's good public policy in their eyes.

This has been my concern with VPP, no one expects a rolling black out or PSPS, but they just happen and by the time 6-7pm rolls around, my batteries would be drained if I participated. I guess I could just set a high reserve, but then, what's the point? In this heat, I can't really easily get through to 9pm actually with the A/Cs cranked up. I guess I would miss power if batteries were drained more than the $$ from VPP.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Power came back up for me an hour ago (near Pleasant Hill). The Powerwalls and solar did a great job. The AC was cranking and pretty much everything was normal. The weird thing is that the PGE outage text came before the Tesla app reported it. If nothing notified me I would have had no idea the grid had gone down.