Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power seat switch broken! $1.10 for the part. 6 minutes to replace.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PJFW8

Red Menace may hurt me
May 29, 2015
Hendersonville, NC
My 3 has 16,000 miles. I broke the plastic lower seat control part (the "knob"?} that operates the switch mechanism. Tesla calls it a switch BTN CUSH.Tesla does not consider it a warranty repair. The good news is that the repair cost including labor is $19.95. 1/10th hour allotted to repair. After a search of this site, this does not seem to be a common problem, but the part was in stock. They did not offer mobile service in spite of my nearly 4 hour round trip. I'm not complaining since this is my first visit to service.

My teenaged nephew kicked off the levers in our passenger seat adjustment switch. We bought the switch assembly at the Tesla parts counter (be sure to bring in the broken one to match against the replacement to ensure you’ve got the right side) and installation was pretty easy. Was just as cheap as eBay and shipping.

You all were treated better than I was. 2 year old car. Quoted $125 to fix. Refused to consider good faith repair.

Rounded off a 8/32 machine screw and threaded it in the hole that used to be their cheap @$$ lever.

Not impressed.

My girlfriend also broke the BTN CUSH from the shotgun seat. The horizontal button with the 3 pins. The pins are now broken, that's why it does not work anymore.
Does anyone know where I can get the replacement part and perhaps a how to guide? thanks.

I have the same issue. Requested Tesla to mail me the vertical piece but they said the whole module needs replacement. We hardly used the passenger seat and and adjustment so surprised i broke.... I dont understand why if it is only this plastic that broke. I compared to my wife's CRV and the material of the Tesla is way inferior compared to the HONDA CRV. but disponed.. Waiting to hear back on price quote from Tesla.

Someone just broke the same switch - horizontal switch on passenger seat. It broke so that some of the pin is still attached inside the hole/trim and I have been unable to remove it. The controls themselves are fine. I can use a small screwdriver to operate the seat. Here's hoping Tesla can assist.

Tesla should sell just the seat switch lever. That’s the part that breaks and it’s probably cheaper than even the button cover to replace. Instead you have to throw out the whole controller which is ridiculous
image.jpg

Nice Mobile Service guy just replaced and charged me $17.50 for labor and $145 total for the passenger side that just had the front pin missing. Said that type of stuff is not under warranty ... though it has been like that for like 3.5 years. That is BS to design something so flimsy and then make you pay for it.
Also, he said no way can I make it good will and now I see all these other instances where other service guys made it free.