Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerBlaster issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - like many here I see my experience was fraught with delay and delay. Mine took almost a year to activate and put in to commission. This was an opportunity to practice patience for certain.

My question is though, my app shows suspicious errant data I think. My property is a building that I am not in frequently. Its a second house for me and as such I would expect very, very low draw from either the panels or the grid. The only major appliance that could be running is a fridge. Otherwise, Internet cameras, internet router and a switch. AC is off.

My system is a 3.78kW with no powerwall.
Also to note, this property is fed by 208v, 3 phase.

What Im seeing is a strange coincidence that my home is pulling exactly the same as whats being produced....even though Im 100% certain nothing is running significantly in the house. So on a perfect sunny day, Im seeing 2.6kW being produced, and 2.6kW being required. This seems strange to me because I would expect say, 0.4kW to power the home and the rest should be pushing back to the grid. But thats not happening.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Pic example attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.png
    IMG_1028.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 103
That picture is just a snapshot, but did it continue like that over time? There are definitely times when I see something like that happen with my house... where the solar production exactly matches the house demand, but usually it won’t stay like that for long because the solar production or the house demand will change and they will no longer match. But if you are continuing to see them match all day then it certainly implies that something is wrong with the monitoring.

What if you tap on one of the circles to see the daily chart? Does the solar production exactly match the house usage? Do you see any power going to or from the grid?

Brett - thanks for the reply.

The first two days in production, I generated something like 800% of what I used and I really expected that. I think it was working as I expected. These last 2-3 days, almost everytime I check, Im generating exactly the same amount that is required. Seems 1) way to coincidental, and 2) again, Im not at the house often and there's no way Im going to require a ton of electric unless my AC is on (which its not).

Yeah, it definitely seems like something is wrong. I don’t believe that the system is able to directly measure exactly what your house is using. I think it measures what the solar is producing and how much power you are sending to or drawing from the grid. And with those measurements and a little math it figures out how much the house is drawing. So if something happened to the meter that measures the grid and it looks like there is no power going to or from the grid, then it would simply assume that your house is using all of the power that is being generated by the solar.

Resolved.

Hopefully anyone searching here in the future can ask the Tesla tech support rep to ensure that Tesla does not have the setting in their system reversed. While Tesla was seeing the accurate production and usage, my app was showing that the panels (whatever they were producing) was being sent to the home. It should have been reversed and sent to the grid. The tech I spoke with changed something on his side and within seconds, the app was showing the proper way and situation resolved. Good luck!