Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 - cannot change Operational Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a powerwall 2 installed yesterday. When setting it up in the app I choose Time-Based Control as the operational mode. However, since my unit rate is fixed and does not change through the day/year, it's pointless me being on this mode. So I want to switch to self powered mode. However, the app simply doesn't let me change it. I click on it multiple times in all different places and it will not let me change it.

Anybody come cross this and know how to fix it?

I also had Powerwall 2s installed last week. I am able to switch between self powered and time based control. The grid charging option is currently restricted.
You can edit the parameters in Time-Based Control to achieve most any profile you desire. The peak and off peak buy price have to differ by 10% in order to use the PW to power the home during “peak” times. I imagine you can send power to the grid if you set the sell price in similar fashion.

I had a powerwall 2 installed yesterday. When setting it up in the app I choose Time-Based Control as the operational mode. However, since my unit rate is fixed and does not change through the day/year, it's pointless me being on this mode. So I want to switch to self powered mode. However, the app simply doesn't let me change it. I click on it multiple times in all different places and it will not let me change it.

Anybody come cross this and know how to fix it?
I have same issue. I do not yet have PTO but I should be able to go to self powered mode. I have a fixed unit rate as well.