Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 low charge rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today that my Powerwall 2 (2x) is charging lower than the normal 10kw rate. See the attached screenshot. Normally they charge at 10kw and any excess then goes to the grid. Batteries are at about 70F inside my house.

Anyone know why the charge rate would drop this low when batteries at mid-80%?

Dave Detty

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-115908.png
    Screenshot_20220221-115908.png
    710 KB · Views: 318
I dont know the answer to your question. With that said. my powerwalls have never charged at "5kW". They charge at around 3 ish kW each, and have since they were installed in Jan of 2020, and they are inside of a fully enclosed, drywalled garage with insulated garage doors, in southern california. My garage is never hotter than 90 degrees, or colder than about 45 degrees at any point during the year.

Im not the only one here who sees that max charge rate either.

From the API you can see what each powerwall is limited to charging. As the SOC gets higher, although usually 95%+ for me the rate slowly drops. If you’re interested, would recommend using the pypowerwall python library to get more info from your setup and it will show any alerts that might be flagged on your systems. The vitals API endpoint has a lot of information.