Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Chico/Norcal w/SGIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a quote from Tesla @ ~$18K today. 2 PWs all included. Nice with 30% fed tax rebate as we would connect with existing solar to qualify.

However, Tesla Energy is already oversubscribed for all phases in the SGIP program. None of the solar shops in Chico do Powerwall installs, afaik after calling around. Sunpower does, but only on their own solar installs.

Any suggestions or recommendations for a shop that makes our project eligible for SGIP this in the greater area? I would absolutely field a referral if applicable.

@180r

Alternatively, try Bay Area or regional installers. Installers not in oyour region may charge extra for travel time.

For Tesla Powerwalls consider: Semper Solaris, Allterra Solar. or Swell.

For Non-Tesla batteries consider: Peterson Dean (I used them for solar and roofing), or SunRun.

Note, typically 3rd party installers will charge more than Tesla, but you may still come out ahead if they can qualify for SGIP. At the time of comparison, I found that going with Tesla directly was better than going with a third party installer. The 3rd party installer would mark up the cost to "cover" the savings of the SGIP rebate.

Aren't you guys getting rolling blackouts up there? Surprised solar/backup battery people aren't going door to door with that going on

From what I read, yesterday's blackouts affected 1600 customers and today's about 20,000, so it's not that widespread yet. I'm curious to see how much they'll turn off when the real fire weather hits. I'm a couple of blocks from the edge of a Tier 2 zone, so could be affected if they get very aggressive.

• Informative
Reactions: golfpilot
Got a quote from Tesla @ ~$18K today. 2 PWs all included. Nice with 30% fed tax rebate as we would connect with existing solar to qualify.

However, Tesla Energy is already oversubscribed for all phases in the SGIP program. None of the solar shops in Chico do Powerwall installs, afaik after calling around. Sunpower does, but only on their own solar installs.

Any suggestions or recommendations for a shop that makes our project eligible for SGIP this in the greater area? I would absolutely field a referral if applicable.

Hi 180r - Swell Energy is one of Tesla's largest California Developers and could provide you an alternate quote based on the current SGIP levels. Swell hires local sub-contractors to do the install but they are really good at securing and guarenting the rebates. Hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: 180r