Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion: Now on Android (beta)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. A few years ago I created the Powerwall Companion app for Windows 10, which is designed to be an always-on dashboard to monitor your Powerwall 2 battery, solar and energy consumption. I've had this running on an old Windows Phone, but now these are becoming even more rare I've spent some time porting this app to Android.

The app is still in beta, and I suspect there may be some layout issues on some devices, but I'd love it if people could give it try and let me know if there are any issues before I roll it out more broadly. The direct installation link is here (it's not discoverable by searching the Play Store while in beta). Note this is not intended as a replacement for the main Tesla app - it's intended to be left running permanently, likely on an old device. The app is and will remain completely free. No there is no iOS version, but if anyone has Xamarin iOS skills and wants to give this a go, the code for this app is shared and contributions are welcome.

LUNPt-mdgxQKOUglqQkST6Zp43jGkjEuNYFVDTWrRMysAULkAq4aP-_BLUGtyc-S4Asr=w1920-h969-rw

Okay, loaded, cool. But, how to I switch between by 2 gateways? Can a screen be made to combine gateways into one screen?
Thanks @h20fun : this is not a scenario I've implemented but it's a totally valid request. Currently it just uses the first gateway it finds. I'll see if I can extend the app to either let you switch between gateways in the Settings page, or somehow combine the data. The former option is more likely.

Reactions: nwdiver
Thanks @h20fun : this is not a scenario I've implemented but it's a totally valid request. Currently it just uses the first gateway it finds. I'll see if I can extend the app to either let you switch between gateways in the Settings page, or somehow combine the data. The former option is more likely.
Another cool idea would be display GW1, then GW2, then combined, repeat for maybe like 10 seconds or so per screen. Using an andriod phone with a USB-c to hdmi adapter would allow one to display these screens on a big screen TV. :)

I just loaded your windows 10 version. It seems to have the same issue, cannot change between gateways. Also, when I tried to connect to either
gateway by my IP, it said failed, he though I know it is working fine.

Fun stuff.

@h2ofun: I've got something working that will let you switch gateways on the Android version. Will let you know when it's available. Out of interest, why do you have two gateways? I thought you could put up to 10 batteries on a single gateway?

Regarding logout: I try to keep the session open as long as I can. The Tesla servers occasionally decide you need to authenticate again - I'm not sure I can do anything about this.

@h2ofun: I've got something working that will let you switch gateways on the Android version. Will let you know when it's available. Out of interest, why do you have two gateways? I thought you could put up to 10 batteries on a single gateway?

Regarding logout: I try to keep the session open as long as I can. The Tesla servers occasionally decide you need to authenticate again - I'm not sure I can do anything about this.
I have a 400 amp service, split to 2 200 amp subpanels. Since GW is only 200 amps, need one for each panel. So I guess I could have 20 PW's :)

Let me know and will give your updated sw a spin.