Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 7.4.1 is in the store, you can force an update by opening the store app. The main change is to restore the exported energy data to the format it was before Tesla's recent changes.

@RKCRLR and @gmtom1 could you please try upgrading and let me know if this fixes the issues you raised too?
Upgraded to 7.4.1.0 and it still looks the same. I have store energy capacity in the cloud enabled.

• Helpful
Reactions: tomho
This looks like a great app and I learned about it just as I was getting to install Powerwall Dashboard. Can anyone that is familiar with both apps tell me how they compare?

As a native Windows app, using Companion is much more appealing to me because it's a lot easier to get it going. Whereas installing Dashboard on Windows is a big hassle since it's a Linux app that requires Docker. Does one app do more than the other? Do they do different things? Would it make sense to install both? I'm not opposed to it if there is some benefit.

Version 7.4.1 is in the store, you can force an update by opening the store app. The main change is to restore the exported energy data to the format it was before Tesla's recent changes.

@RKCRLR and @gmtom1 could you please try upgrading and let me know if this fixes the issues you raised too?

According to Windows, I'm on v8.0.0 of the app. I updated, restarted the PC and the app, and now I'm stuck on the "Connect to your Tesla Account" screen. It just says please wait and never gives me a login prompt or anything.

1714125627093.png

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same thing occurs.

According to Windows, I'm on v8.0.0 of the app. I updated, restarted the PC and the app, and now I'm stuck on the "Connect to your Tesla Account" screen. It just says please wait and never gives me a login prompt or anything.

View attachment 1041917

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and same thing occurs.
Sorry it's still not working. I did make some changes to try to fix this, but I have no ARM device myself so can't reproduce the issue. I'll research this more and see what I can do.

Reactions: gmtom1
Version 8.0.0 is now available in limited release but you can force an update in the Store. There's a new option in Settings to show your current electricity price at the bottom left. This should work if you have set a custom energy rate plan in the Tesla app. If you are in an area where you can choose your energy provider from a list, I suspect it won't work (but let me know).

1714131000802.png

Sorry it's still not working. I did make some changes to try to fix this, but I have no ARM device myself so can't reproduce the issue. I'll research this more and see what I can do.
@gmtom1 Figured out what was wrong. Turns out WebView2 (integrated web browser component) isn't supported on 32 bit ARM, which is all I was building for. Version 8.0.1 has been rebuilt for ARM64 so hopefully you'll have more luck with this one (although unfortunately I still can't test it).