Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - For those in cooler areas, I'm in downstate New York, where are your powerwalls installed? I have a detached, unheated garage that sits about 40 feet from the house and 70 feet from the electric meter. We also have an unfinished basement, cement floor, not used for living space, but the stairs are narrow and have a 90 degree angle.

In cold areas, aren't they installed indoors ideally? I see the operating temp is down to -4, which we have had from time to time although rarely.

Any ideas where they might install the powerwalls?

Thank you!

Probably means a 90 degree turn, like basement stair wells that go down a bit to a landing before continuing the rest of the way down, I've seen that in a lot of houses, I wouldn't imagine it's an issue but that's just my opinion.

Hi - For those in cooler areas, I'm in downstate New York, where are your powerwalls installed? I have a detached, unheated garage that sits about 40 feet from the house and 70 feet from the electric meter. We also have an unfinished basement, cement floor, not used for living space, but the stairs are narrow and have a 90 degree angle.

In cold areas, aren't they installed indoors ideally? I see the operating temp is down to -4, which we have had from time to time although rarely.

Any ideas where they might install the powerwalls?

Thank you!

i'm in Orange County NY. Mine are installed in the garage. Under no circumstances would I want them installed outside. If I were you i'd insist they find a way to get them in your garage or basement. When I had mine installed 2 years ago the Tesla crew said they did not do any outside installations in this area. I have a co-worker who had 3 installed in March on Long Island and they installed them outside at ground level with no over-hang....it made me cringe.

I would go with the basement, if possible. Have you ordered yet? You can ask your advisor and they may also send out somebody to inspect the site. That person should be able to determine if there is any issue with getting powerwalls into your basement.