Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Manager SmartApp for SmartThings

GenSao

Aug 3, 2017
Pleasant Hill, CA
I happen to stumble upon a Powerwall Manager SmartApp for Samsung SmartThings by Darwin's Den. I installed the app to our home SmartThings hub and it seems to work fine.

Tesla Powerwall Manager app for the SmartThings Hub

I am tinkering with it to see how well it works with my exisitng home automation setup. A few photos below.

Screenshot_20191014-203545_SmartThings.jpg Screenshot_20191014-203723_SmartThings.jpg Screenshot_20191014-203811_SmartThings.jpg

Odiemac

Apr 19, 2016
Hayward
It looks like my Powerwalls updated themselves and now my beloved Darwin’s Den SmartApp doesn’t want to stay logged in anymore. Did Tesla change something on the auth side, I wonder?

Darwin

Jan 12, 2018
Phoenix, Az
It looks like my Powerwalls updated themselves and now my beloved Darwin’s Den SmartApp doesn’t want to stay logged in anymore. Did Tesla change something on the auth side, I wonder?

@Odiemac, are you still having issues with the Powerwall Manager app? The auth token refresh logic for the app was updated/improved in January, so if you are running an earlier version than v0.1.8e.20200104 (Jan 04, 2020) this could be the issue.

niveknow

Jul 7, 2020
Houston, TX
@Darwin

That's awesome! I'm a huge SmartThings fan and starting to look at how to integrate it with the system. I can imagine automation running to start turning things off while in an off-grid model to maximize battery time. I'm weeks away from an install, but will be looking to start playing with your app. Thank you for doing this for the community!

Reactions: Darwin

niveknow

Jul 7, 2020
Houston, TX
@Darwin

man it's been over a year since my last post above. My system was installed in Sept 2020, but finally remembered to install the STs app and handler. Haven't had a chance to play with it much except a couple small automations to power down some devices. Will need more time to play, but thank you!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC