Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Manager SmartApp for SmartThings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happen to stumble upon a Powerwall Manager SmartApp for Samsung SmartThings by Darwin's Den. I installed the app to our home SmartThings hub and it seems to work fine.

Tesla Powerwall Manager app for the SmartThings Hub

I am tinkering with it to see how well it works with my exisitng home automation setup. A few photos below.

Screenshot_20191014-203545_SmartThings.jpg Screenshot_20191014-203723_SmartThings.jpg Screenshot_20191014-203811_SmartThings.jpg

It looks like my Powerwalls updated themselves and now my beloved Darwin’s Den SmartApp doesn’t want to stay logged in anymore. Did Tesla change something on the auth side, I wonder?

@Odiemac, are you still having issues with the Powerwall Manager app? The auth token refresh logic for the app was updated/improved in January, so if you are running an earlier version than v0.1.8e.20200104 (Jan 04, 2020) this could be the issue.

@Darwin

That's awesome! I'm a huge SmartThings fan and starting to look at how to integrate it with the system. I can imagine automation running to start turning things off while in an off-grid model to maximize battery time. I'm weeks away from an install, but will be looking to start playing with your app. Thank you for doing this for the community!

Reactions: Darwin
@Darwin

man it's been over a year since my last post above. My system was installed in Sept 2020, but finally remembered to install the STs app and handler. Haven't had a chance to play with it much except a couple small automations to power down some devices. Will need more time to play, but thank you!

Reactions: Darwin
Powerwall Manager Version v0.3.30 is now available. This update includes the option to specify a refresh token instead of an access token, eliminating the need to enter a token every 45 days. The update also includes the ability to command and schedule off-grid operation. Off-grid commanding is only available on the Hubitat platform right now since it currently requires a local control interface. Both app and device handler/driver should be updated for this change.

Powerwall Manager v0.3.60 is now available and includes the following changes since v03.30:

v0.3.60: Added Storm Watch Active status, added delta Watt threshold preference setting for power reporting, enabled dimmer level for reserve control/status using the base Powerwall device, added Child device creation option for enhanced SmartThings/Hubitat integration options. By enabling child devices in the Powerwall Manager device, you can monitor and control additional Powerwall functions using the standard SmartThings or Hubitat apps/capabilities.

v0.3.50: Fixed issue with delta check update logic resulting in power level updates not always being sent as expected.

v0.3.40: Added option to choose between multiple Powerwall sites when available. Fixed issue with actions and alerts when returning to on-grid.

This app is now available in the Hubitat Package Manager for easier install/update on the Hubitat platform. Both app and device driver are required to be updated with this change.

Last edited:
I've started using this app and have had some success but having problems with triggering a PW action at a certain charge level. In the app I go into the perform actions when charge % rises above a pre-defined level, set a %, then into select powerwall actions to apply when charge level % is above defined trigger and in set mode, selected self powered, then when pressing next (to go back to the previous screen) it shows "No powerwall actions defined" and even after completing the setup with a time and Days, nothing happens when the trigger is met

I'm using v0.3.71.20220405 and have a UK powerwall. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or have I found a bug?

I've started using this app and have had some success but having problems with triggering a PW action at a certain charge level. In the app I go into the perform actions when charge % rises above a pre-defined level, set a %, then into select powerwall actions to apply when charge level % is above defined trigger and in set mode, selected self powered, then when pressing next (to go back to the previous screen) it shows "No powerwall actions defined" and even after completing the setup with a time and Days, nothing happens when the trigger is met

I'm using v0.3.71.20220405 and have a UK powerwall. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or have I found a bug?
I have the same problem, so I think it is a bug. Looks like app development has stopped.

@Darwin I installed this via the Hubitat and the issue I have is that the Tesla Token information is not working. I take it this is the same number I get from the Authenticator App when I log into my Tesla Account? Is there anywhere I have to define the password to my Tesla Account? I have entered the token many times and it will not work.
powerwall.PNG