Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Software 1.45.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My GW just updated this morning, from 1.44.4 to 1.45.1. My indication that it happened is that it was no longer at the IP it had been using for the past several months (breaking my data gathering scripts). I didn't have a static IP specified by my DHCP server (I do now), but the FW update seemed to cause it to request a new IP instead of just continuing to use the one already leased to it (or something in its identification returned to the DHCP server caused it to think it was a new system that couldn't reuse the old IP).

I got 1.45.1, no issue with the reserved IP address changing.

I had an issue with my burglar alarm losing its reserved IP address once. After a software update, the embedded network stack permanently lost the MAC address that was assigned during manufacturing. It's now using a default MAC address. Since I only have one of them in the broadcast domain, it was no big deal, I just had to fix the IP reservation to use the new MAC address.

I'm curious if your TEG's current MAC address still matches the one in the DHCP reservation.

I got updated to 1.45.2 this morning this morning at 7:40. Powerwall immediately started charging and charged to 100%, and stayed there, and then didn't discharge at all. App showed it in self consumption mode with a backup percentage of 0%. I put it into backup, and then back into self consumption, and it has started discharging.

My system also updated from 1.45.0 to 1.45.2 on the 25th or 26th while the system was in Standby. When it updates during charging or discharging, it will go into Standby to reboot the Gateway and you can see the interruption in the intraday chart.