Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Adhesive Style Front License Plate Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - how did you find out about the pilot program and what does that cost ? Reminds me of the front plate stickers in the UK.
I’ve been following the program for six years! Finally something has come of it. I’m just bummed that I already spent $100 for a fancy play holder.... and now another $50 for the sticker. But I’m quite happy with the result.

I’ve been following the program for six years! Finally something has come of it. I’m just bummed that I already spent $100 for a fancy play holder.... and now another $50 for the sticker. But I’m quite happy with the result.

Does it come in the Yellow/Black retro theme? All plates in CA were like that once. I'm waiting for my Yellow/Black plates, they look SO much better on black cars, front or back.

CalifYelloBlack.jpg

Late to the party on the plate mounting but I did want to chime in. We offer bumper patterns for our dealers with both plate cutouts and no plate cutouts - it comes down to preference. However, I do not see an issue with adhering the plate mount to the film.

The plate graphic is an interesting concept that I have not seen before!

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
@EVnut - was the front plate sticker adhesive meant to be permanent, similar to the CA HOV decals ? I was just wondering how difficult it would be to remove if I ever decided to change plates.

I just realized if it was easy to remove, it could be easily stolen. Sorry for the stupid question.

@EVnut - was the front plate sticker adhesive meant to be permanent, similar to the CA HOV decals ? I was just wondering how difficult it would be to remove if I ever decided to change plates.

I just realized if it was easy to remove, it could be easily stolen. Sorry for the stupid question.
Not a stupid question at all. It is much easier to remove than an HOV decal. You would not likely be able to use the “plate” again though because it would be stretched out of whack. So honestly a metal plate is far, far easier to steal and use on a different vehicle.

A bit of heat, and this will come off cleanly like a high-quality bumper sticker. Mine is applied over my PPF, so that film is going to be my limiting factor

Mine is applied over my PPF, so that film is going to be my limiting factor

Do you have a ceramic coating on your PPF? What PPF/coating? Curious as planning to plan to do a full STEK PPF wrap + C.Quartz Finest Reserve and now just discovered today that the pilot program for these license plate stickers finally is a thing... so hoping to do it with our recently ordered M3, but curious if the license plate wrap will stay adhered on top of the PPF/Ceramic Coating.

No coating over the PPF. Honestly, I don't see the point. The PPF provides more protection than a paint-on coating, so I'm not sure why I want to protect the PPF with something less protective than it is.

Anyway... Be sure the put the plate on before the nose PPF. That would be awesome, and I wish I could have done it. Instead, I have an edge to deal with when scrubbing off the bugs.