Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF for door handle, rocker panel, and bottom of rear bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting PPF on the door handle (chrome part), rocker panel, and the bottom of rear bumper. I have a couple of questions for ya'll:

Has anyone done it?

Do you think it is worth it? I have never done these parts before, so was wondering if it is worth the investment.

Here's my thinking:

Both rocker panel and bottom of rear bumper get a lot of rock that gets kicked up when the car is driving. So seems like those would be a good place to also get PPF in addition to frontal wrap.

The door handle is just to prevent scratch when people with rings and etc opening doors. Hand wearing rings on the door handle causes a lot of scratches on my previous car.

What are your thoughts on this?

I wouldn't do the rocker panel. The car already comes stock with PPF in that area.

Yeah, I know that part you are talking about. See this thread:

Rocker Panels built-in "PPF"

That said, when I took a closer look, the looks like it's under the clear coat and it's my opinion that if you try to peel that off, for sure you are going to ruin the paint. At least it does not look or feel like it is something that's meant to peel off and apply a new layer. This is why I am thinking of putting a layer that CAN be peel off without impacting the paint.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic