Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after blowing $80K on a car I tried to go cheap and install 3M PPF Pro by myself on my hood. So after 4 hours it looks okay but there are about a dozen bubbles with a little solution in them. What is my next move?

One bubble might be about 5 MM but most are 1-2 MM.

Sit back and with fingers crossed? Poke holes? Hairdryer? Pull back and start over (will be devastating as the remaining bubbles aren't easy to get too).

Wow.. I don't want to be too Quick2Judge, but dude.. you are a risk taker!! unfortunately, the only thing I know is that my installers told me if you don't get it right, you have to redo it from scratch. The hood is VERY HARD to do, it is the largest single piece of PPF used when wrapping a car, and is a 2 man job minimum(according to them). They in fact, did my hood twice - the first time they were not satisfied (my detailer is totally OCD, which is why I love him), so they ripped it off and did it again.

they also said right after install, there will be some small tiny bubbles that will disappear after it settles and the solution dries... but these were very small bubbles (maybe .25mm).

Mine had a few small bubbles from my installer. They said they were normal and to not touch them since they would disappear as the solution dried. They were right.

So, I would wait it out a few days. There is no risk in doing that. If you have to redo it, you have to redo it.

Reactions: Quick2Judge
Small moisture bubbles; no problem.
Air pockets; problem.

My advice is you leave it alone completely moving forward. Likely, you'll only paint yourself in the corner of making it look worse and force yourself to spend far more to have it removed. Let it ride and if you can manage, leave it on. If you don't like how it looks, get a professional to address it(AKA: remove and reinstall).

Reactions: Quick2Judge