Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Matte Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mateo83

Jan 18, 2022
NorCal 209
I got a price form the local XPEL dealer for $9,200 Full Model Y White. Is it really worth that much? I know you'll never get the full cost back during resale. Also, what other brands are available that are similar in quality?

• Funny
Reactions: TesCap
I see none of the other responders location shows the same as this OPs which is "northern california". I am in southern california, not NorCal, but Norcal is one of the most expensive areas in the US for everything (not just real estate).

I have no idea about the pricing, but things in NorCal tend to be more expensive than other places anyway. As for "I can get a wrap any color for less", when I was looking into this, color wraps were less than PPF wraps, somewhat significantly so, so yeah, you will be able to get a color wrap for less than a PPF wrap, matte or otherwise.

With all the above being said, that price does look higher than I have seen other people post about here.

Also, a slight correction to something you said OP. You said "I know you will never get the full cost back during resale". That statement should really be " I know you will never get the cost back during resale", as things like PPF are not things any dealer is going to give you basically anything for on trade in, and neither will any savvy shopper.

It may help your particular vehicle sell faster, if someone likes the PPF look, but if you think you can price your car 3k Higher because it has PPF on it, that generally wont work. Do it because you want it, as there is no resale value at all in stuff like PPF, tint, etc.

Reactions: samori01
I think location matters - you'll see a range of pricing. I was quoted (in Ohio) from a licensed Xpel dealer for just under 8k to get full Xpel matte wrap, paint correction, full car tint, and full car ceramic.
In general Xpel is more expensive but 9k for just the wrap seems too expensive.

Rhode Island detailer installed my full matte XPEL Stealth PPF for under 5k. I only recommend it if you're planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, and can eat that amount just to make it look fantastic. Personally, Id do it again in a heart beat.

IMG_0044.jpeg

Reactions: reefer_bob
I think location matters - you'll see a range of pricing. I was quoted (in Ohio) from a licensed Xpel dealer for just under 8k to get full Xpel matte wrap, paint correction, full car tint, and full car ceramic.
In general Xpel is more expensive but 9k for just the wrap seems too expensive.
I am in Nashville and got full body XPEL Stealth (love it), and I searched Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis and Chattanooga, the cheapest I found was $5995, the next closest was $7000. Taking out the cheapest I found, the range was $7k to $10,500. This was not just XPEL, it was STEK and Kavca (most expensive). It is location, and being that it is Southern Cali, I am sure that is probably the middle of the road price.

Rhode Island detailer installed my full matte XPEL Stealth PPF for under 5k. I only recommend it if you're planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, and can eat that amount just to make it look fantastic. Personally, Id do it again in a heart beat.

View attachment 779684

Is this grey or black? Ive asked a few times from people and I dont mean to seem repetitive but I have some vision loss from an IED. Also did you have it graphene coated as well?

I may just end up waiting to trade my Mach E for a truck but I talked to an installer just in case and he said he wouldn’t recommend ppf without graphene coating

Is this grey or black? Ive asked a few times from people and I dont mean to seem repetitive but I have some vision loss from an IED. Also did you have it graphene coated as well?

I may just end up waiting to trade my Mach E for a truck but I talked to an installer just in case and he said he wouldn’t recommend ppf without graphene coating

Its the Tesla MSM (grey) with clear matte XPEL Steath film. I did not have it graphene or ceramic coated. I do use some ceramic spray when cleaning it up though.