Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte ppf vs gloss on Blue Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts from you guys. Get my blue model y white interior tomorrow and torn as to getting the matte ppf on it vs gloss. Difference is only a few hundred dollars and never had ppf before so wanted your guys thoughts on gloss vs matte on a blue Model Y. Thanks

Do you mean clear and matte? Not aware of a gloss version, but I might be wrong.

My 2021 blue MY (RIP Jan '23, courtesy of being t-boned) was covered with a clear wrap. It wasn't glossy looking and you could not tell it was wrapped, even after the accident.

Come March '23, my new blue MY will also be wrapped. I am considering matte this go around, but am hesitant as most installers skip the jams. (Weird look when the doors are open.) I plan to use the same installer, who kindly offered to cut strips of both and place them on the car to help with the decision making process. Perhaps that's something you might want to consider.

Would love to see pictures if you went matte. Best of luck!

Clear of course, because that’s what I did on my blue performanc model y 🤣, full car even headlights Have PPF.
774A391E-5268-413A-94DF-A04302987C81.jpeg
A654A868-1812-478A-AACD-2B435C551DE7.jpeg

What is the approximate expense of PPF? Does any part of this pay off when you sell?
When it comes time to sell , your car will still have a nice paint job. Could be the deciding factor for someone to buy your car vs someone else’s 🤷‍♂️. Used car Dealers won’t care if you had ppf, but when selling car yourself it could be a selling point.

Reactions: jindala
When it comes time to sell , your car will still have a nice paint job. Could be the deciding factor for someone to buy your car vs someone else’s 🤷‍♂️. Used car Dealers won’t care if you had ppf, but when selling car yourself it could be a selling point.
Thanks for the quick reply. What is the approximate cost of doing PPF? I read somewhere it is about 7k?

Thanks for the quick reply. What is the approximate cost of doing PPF? I read somewhere it is about 7k?
Every region will have different costs. My full body ppf was $6k and they included tax in the price. Lifetime warranty on the install. They trapped some dust on first install and redid the section where dust was. Price was from 3/2022 in Los Angeles metro area.