Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Suntek Versus X Pel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts ?

My shop uses Suntek as they say it gives a better shine than Xpel But I have the option for either one, what are peoples thoughts? They are super cool in giving me either options..In reading some information, it appears that the Xpel may be slightly thicker and stronger but the Suntek has a better finish?

thoughts ?

My shop uses Suntek as they say it gives a better shine than Xpel But I have the option for either one, what are peoples thoughts? They are super cool in giving me either options..In reading some information, it appears that the Xpel may be slightly thicker and stronger but the Suntek has a better finish?

thoughts ?

Our NSX has Suntek and the Tesla has Xpel Ultimate Plus. Both are very high quality and when properly installed and maintained, they are both excellent. I would be more concerned with the quality and expertise of the installer first, rather than the brand of PPF. Just my opinion..

Curious as to what shop you will be using, as I'm in the Sacramento area as well...

Here is also something to read:
Best Paint Protection Film for Cars? XPEL vs 3M vs LLumar vs SunTek

Any thoughts ?

thoughts ?

We actually have the thickest PPF in the industry, SunTek PPF Ultra Defense. It's classified as our high-impact resistant PPF. Check out the video below where Stradman gets his Gladiator protected.

Our NSX has Suntek and the Tesla has Xpel Ultimate Plus. Both are very high quality and when properly installed and maintained, they are both excellent. I would be more concerned with the quality and expertise of the installer first, rather than the brand of PPF. Just my opinion..
Agreed. Both are fantastic products..... choosing the right installer is key.

I had PPF applied by a shop in Shrewsbury, MA: Protection Plus LLC. Dave recommended Suntek over 3M and other alternatives, so I went with it for the front end, all forward facing surfaces including A pillars, rockers, doglegs, and behind the rear wheels. I am very pleased with it.

Reactions: SunTek
If anyone on this thread is interested in help locating a qualified SunTek dealer/installer, message me. I can help find the right installer for you.
I live in San Diego, CA and am looking for a qualified installer. Was looking into this place called Ghost Wrap in Carlsbad, CA (northern San Diego). Could you please tell me if they are a qualified installer? Thank you!

If anyone on this thread is interested in help locating a qualified SunTek dealer/installer, message me. I can help find the right installer for you.
I live in San Diego, CA and am looking for a qualified installer. Was looking into this place called Ghost Wrap in Carlsbad, CA (northern San Diego). Could you please tell me if they are a qualified installer? Thank you!

I have used both and my only issue with SunTek Ultra is that their adhesive isn't as strong as Xpel Ultimate. That makes it easier to install and do a good job but you have to be more careful when washing your car with high pressure washers as they can lift the film which is something I have never experienced with Xpel. Otherwise they are both solid products with SunTek having slightly better clarity.

Did you end up going with Ghost Wrap? If you did, I'm curious as to your experience with them. I'm leaning towards using them myself.