TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PPF Suntek Versus X Pel

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Munirj, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Munirj

Munirj Member

Any thoughts ?

My shop uses Suntek as they say it gives a better shine than Xpel But I have the option for either one, what are peoples thoughts? They are super cool in giving me either options..In reading some information, it appears that the Xpel may be slightly thicker and stronger but the Suntek has a better finish?

thoughts ?

2. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Our NSX has Suntek and the Tesla has Xpel Ultimate Plus. Both are very high quality and when properly installed and maintained, they are both excellent. I would be more concerned with the quality and expertise of the installer first, rather than the brand of PPF. Just my opinion..

Curious as to what shop you will be using, as I'm in the Sacramento area as well...

Here is also something to read:
    Best Paint Protection Film for Cars? XPEL vs 3M vs LLumar vs SunTek

3. SunTek

SunTek Vendor

We actually have the thickest PPF in the industry, SunTek PPF Ultra Defense. It's classified as our high-impact resistant PPF. Check out the video below where Stradman gets his Gladiator protected.

4. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Agreed. Both are fantastic products..... choosing the right installer is key.

5. SunTek

SunTek Vendor

If anyone on this thread is interested in help locating a qualified SunTek dealer/installer, message me. I can help find the right installer for you.

6. TonyJag

TonyJag Member

I had PPF applied by a shop in Shrewsbury, MA: Protection Plus LLC. Dave recommended Suntek over 3M and other alternatives, so I went with it for the front end, all forward facing surfaces including A pillars, rockers, doglegs, and behind the rear wheels. I am very pleased with it.

• Like x 1
  7. Premiertint

Premiertint Local Vendor - NorCal

In that video, around 1:06..."11 MILLIMETER thickness..."

WOW! That is almost 1/2 INCH THICK!

8. needp3d-

needp3d- Member

I would go with S-tek. Less orange peel and factory coating